Strategy Analyst – Dollar Tree
- An unmatched opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership Team of North America’s leading operator of discount variety stores
- Bring YOUR perspectives, passions, ideas, and insights…. And as one of the most profitable, innovative, and resourceful Fortune 200 companies in the retail space, WE will give you the platform and growth opportunity to enhance your leadership skills, while driving real business decisions and results.
- Headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, enjoy coastal living while working at the Dollar Tree Campus. The area is known for its history & museums, arts & culture, beaches & boating, and music & entertainment.
We are looking for a top performer with outstanding skills and credentials to fill our Strategy Analyst role. This is a high impact, high visibility position reporting directly to our Chief Strategy Officer in helping to set and execute the strategic agenda for Dollar Tree.
You will be an integral part of our Strategy team which advises the company’s Senior Leadership team and propels the company towards its long term goals by delivering a variety of critical initiatives related to the customer experience, growth, operational efficiency, competitive insights, and future trends. It’s a big opportunity for you to take ownership of major initiatives and partner cross functionally to learn all areas of Dollar Tree retail (Merchandise, Logistics, Store Operations, Marketing, Real Estate, Human Resources, etc.) and to drive the business. The work is as interesting and challenging as a top management consultancy, but also emphasizes execution and bottom line results – perfect for aspiring business leaders.
Not only is this an exciting position, but it is also the first step of a management development program. After 2-3 years in Strategy, you will have the opportunity to rotate through other functions within Dollar Tree to get hands-on management experience.
Get in on this exciting and groundbreaking time at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar as we continue to grow both banners rapidly. We are a Fortune 200 company with over 16,000 stores, 26 distribution centers, and over $26B in sales in North America. It’s amazing what Dollar Tree has accomplished in 35 years… With YOU on our team, imagine where your ideas could take us!
- Support strategy initiatives with rigorous analytics, facilitation, hands-on in-store testing of new concepts and opportunities, consumer research, and secondary research. Includes understanding/modeling economics, identifying potential risks and challenges for implementation and prioritizing opportunities.
- Make recommendations after summarizing large groups of data to assist business leaders in making decisions.
- Support the strategy development and integration of Family Dollar
- Analyze company financial and operational performance (e.g., drivers of historical performance, trends over time).
- Identify, prioritize, and initiate process improvements to increase effectiveness of all functions in the business.
- Understand customer behavior and trends.
- Assess market characteristics and trends (e.g., market segment sizes, growth rates, market shares of key competitors and how they are changing over time and why, critical recent developments and sources of competitive advantage).
- Help identify and analyze company platforms for growth.
- Undergraduate degree with proven success and analytical abilities (minimum GPA of 3.6)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to generate and evaluate hypotheses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent thinker and worker.
- Team player in a collaborative environment.
- Detail-oriented. Comfortable working with numerical data and information.
- Deadline oriented. Ability to anticipate and address conflicts, to skillfully negotiate, and deliver great outcomes.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint, helpful
- Must be willing to relocate to Hampton Roads, VA