Intern - Supply Chain Supplier Management (Summer 2023)
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our internships are paid, and course credit hours may be considered depending on university’s guidelines. Internships include a competitive benefits package sought at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From mentorship opportunities to benefits like medical insurance and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind internship experience. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
- Review and identify new Supplier relationships with a focus on minority, women, and veteran owned businesses.
- Review Supplier forecasted annual volume commitments and compare against both forecast models and historical trends to determine confidence levels for United volumes.
- Gather new DER/PMA opportunities from existing Suppliers and package them for Engineering to review, approve and add to current/applicable ECRAs in an effort to save on repair costs
- Support the administration of various aircraft and spare part warranty and financial remedies made available to United Airlines through Boeing and Airbus product support agreements, and supplier contracts.
- Partner with Line Maintenance Warranty Field Representatives on enhancing material and processes used to inform and advocate for warranty recoveries.
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Supply Chain, Legal Studies, Aviation, Engineering, Business or similar
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (change to below)
- Data analysis capabilities; able to review, interpret and manipulate data for presentations (Data acquisition and manipulation in Excel (Pivot Sheets, Vlookups, etc.))
- Able to partner effectively across various disciplines/teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects and adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of airline Supplier Management
- Previous intern or work experience
- Data analytics background
- General aviation interest or knowledge
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.