BCG GAMMA Data Science Consulting | Full-time
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
The BCG GAMMA team is a community of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Your colleagues will combine innovative skillsets in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics and machine learning with deep industry expertise. You will work with teams to own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. You’ll have the chance to partner with clients in every BCG region and industry area, applying data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations. As a core member of BCG GAMMA, you will also have the opportunity to work seamlessly with other specialty teams within DigitalBCG – a constellation of digital teams focused on driving practical results for our clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
WHO YOU ARE
- Comfortable in a client-facing role with the aspiration to lead teams
- Can distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
- Able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
- Passionate about building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively (bonus points if you have a software development or DevOps experience)
- Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and an ability to synthesize complex data as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings and can translate this into business implications for our clients
- Motivated by a fast-paced, service-oriented environment
- A natural problem-solver and intellectually curious across a breadth of industries and topics
- Recent Master’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or other data centric disciplines with relevant internships or up to 5 years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions
- Exceptional record of academic achievement, professional accomplishment, and leadership
- Excellent project management skills
- Additional experience in core analytic methods such as predictive modeling, customer segmentation/clustering, network analysis, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Ability to travel based on client and business needs. This could range from 40-75%
WHO WE ARE
BCG partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. As a pioneer in business strategy, we now amplify BCG’s heritage of core consulting expertise with cutting edge digital and analytics capabilities. We help clients with total transformation – inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage and driving bottom-line impact.
Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients in every industry and sector to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be creating personalized customer experiences, developing efficient and effective operations, or building brand-new businesses, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At BCG, we care about our people, and offer best in class benefits to support you personally and professionally throughout your different life experiences including:
- Attractive insurance package covering 100% of the premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous parental leave and family planning and support benefits throughout your journey to grow your family including coverage of elective egg freezing and in-vitro-fertilization, as well as surrogacy and adoption reimbursement programs. We also partner with Bright Horizons to offer emergency back-care programs
- Growing presence in the tech community and ability to expand your network by participating in large industry conferences including Grace Hopper, SXSW, Women Who Code and more
- Health perks like free access to Headspace, fitness reimbursements, and more
- A best in class workplace ranked multiple years in the top 10 of “Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to work for,” recognized as the #1 company where women are happiest by Fairygodboss and ranked by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) as one the “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality”
*Benefits listed may vary depending on the country in which you work.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.