Apple Public Relations Specialist
Are you fascinated by today’s dynamic media landscape and always tuned into what’s happening in the world? Do you possess high standards for detail and precision in communication? Do you have a passion for building new and stronger relationships?
As part of our Communications team, you’ll help inform the world about everything Apple: our groundbreaking products, services, and the values that drive our company. You’ll serve as a liaison between Apple and the company’s public perception, working closely with a variety of teams to develop communications, events, and stories that show the world what really drives us. Together, we’ll present a consistent voice for Apple that’s timely, accurate, and true to who we are. Through teamwork and focused messaging, you’ll be a key part of representing one of the world’s most admired brands to millions of people every single day.
Apple’s PR team is looking for talented recent graduates and early professionals for a 15-month career rotation development program offering exposure to various Corporate Communications ,Product and Services PR, and Internal Communications teams.
Some Responsibilities Include
- Monitor and report on general and industry news, reviews of Apple hardware, software, and services, and issues relevant to Apple.
- Work with PR team members on projects related to Apple products and services, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, App Store, Apple Music, and many more
- Collaborate with PR team to uplift core values we share at Apple including accessibility, education, environment, inclusion and diversity, privacy, sustainability and more.
- Compile editorial calendars, media lists, and other tools used to discover new PR opportunities.
- Assist with PR activities related to events, press tours and other media and influencer relations programs.
- Assist on special projects as needed.
- General administrative duties.
- College student, major in public relations, communications or journalism preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as organizational skills required.
- Familiarity with the Mac, iPhone, and other Apple products preferred.
- Knowledge of Apple’s Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, productivity software, Apple Mail, Apple Calendar, iMessage, Slack, and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- One year of work experience in an office environment and/or prior public relations experience preferred.
Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Can-do attitude and quick learner willing to take ownership of assignments and see through to successful completion.
- Motivated collaborator who is professional, organized and friendly.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Bachelors (or higher) degree in a related field of study, 0-1 years of experience.
Visa sponsorship is not offered at this time. While many other teams at Apple will consider visa sponsorship for internships and rotation programs, the Communications team unfortunately is unable to do so at this time. This includes F-1 and J-1 visas.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.