Apple Marcom - Graphic Junior Designer (July 2023 - July 2024 Term)
Marcom - Junior Designer, Design Team
The Design Team is responsible for the design and art direction of all core communications, including product launches and seasonal campaigns across Retail, Channel, Packaging, Keynote, and Events. Working in a highly collaborative manner, the Design Team works to define and evolve the look and feel of all Apple product art direction through experimentation, critical thinking, and extraordinary attention to detail.
The Junior Designer is an integral member of the team that helps to create innovative and compelling work, from ideation to execution. Working in this role, you will become instrumental in developing work, that inspires customers for one of the world's most creatively influential brands.
We work closely with designers to teach the everyday workings of a world-class internal design studio. The Junior Designer has the opportunity to work closely with all members of the team—designers, art directors, writers, creative directors, and production artists—to gain a better understanding of the skills required to develop high-profile projects that meet the brand’s rigorous design standards.
- Contributing to Apple graphic design projects from conception to completion, including product launches, hardware art direction, event and branding identities, graphics and signage, retail collateral, packaging design, and special occasion projects.
- Internal group responsibilities include comping and preparing presentations, color reviews, and server organization.
- An excellent understanding of the basic design principles of structure, grids, layouts, typography, and presentations. A strong understanding of image making, lighting, and composition. And a keen attention to detail, with sharp comping skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and autonomously within a large group environment is required. We’re looking for a team player with a positive attitude and curious mind.
- Must have strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Cinema 4D, 3D software, and animation skills are a bonus.
A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field is preferred. A portfolio link must be included on your resume. Only applicants with a portfolio link will be considered for employment.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to intersectionality, inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.