Job Title: Systems Analyst
Reports to: IT Manager
Status: Fulltime, 12 months
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Mission of Christian Brothers
Christian Brothers High School is a Lasallian Catholic coeducational college preparatory high school. We are dedicated to inspiring and empowering young men and women with a challenging, relevant, and diverse academic program and co-curricular activities. Students thrive in a Christ-centered community that fosters faith, integrity, global citizenship, leadership, and service, preparing students for college and life.
Summary of Position:
The Systems Analyst performs a variety of professional and technical level duties in support of the School’s information technology systems. This position will possess knowledge of principles and techniques of SQL, electronic data processing and application documentation, systems administration and maintenance, computer operations systems, and basic networking. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot database, hardware, and software problems, install new hardware, operating systems, and applications, and proficiently use enterprise-wide e-mail systems and Local Area Networks.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performing professional duties in support of data analysis, data cleanup, SQL Queries, and programming.
2. Provides support in the implementation of the school-wide one-to-one iPad program.
3. Participate in implementing and maintaining computer applications and related school systems, as well as hardware and software infrastructure for the internet, intranet, and web-based applications.
4. Provides leadership in the implementation of the school-wide one-to-one iPad program.
5. Identifying when system problems require larger-scale resolution, such as manufacturer training, product replacement, or upgrade.
6. Working well independently and within a team to problem solve while consistently following established processes.
7. Supports and assists with installation and maintenance of information and communications technology software to support instructional and business needs of the School.
8. Listening to client needs and taking steps to solve them while minimizing the impact on end users logically.
9. Installing new software and maintaining licensing compliance.
10. Software and hardware testing.
11. Update support ticket statuses in the school helpdesk application.
12. Maintaining the Active Directory for all faculty/staff and student users.
13. Manage Apple licenses, including iPads.
14. Assist in 3rd party software issues.
15. Manage the telephone directory for the School.
16. Assist with network, server, and wireless issues.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
1. Minimum of three years experience with increasing responsibility supporting multiple users in a Windows environment.
2. A very high demonstrable technical aptitude and more professional experience might, in some circumstances, be an acceptable substitution for one of these degrees.
3. Proven knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Server 202212 and 2022, Remote desktop services, SQL, HP File Servers, HP Switches, HP Wireless Access
4. Fortinet Firewalls, iPad, and Powerschool
5. Provide hands-on Tier 3 support for the technologies used on our network.
6. Knowledge of AD and Group Policy
7. Experience with a ticketing system.
8. Diagnose and solve various problems with the operating system, hardware, and applications efficiently and effectively.
9. Strong organizational skills; ability to manage interrupt-driven workload.
10. Strong understanding of the Windows and Mac operating systems, Windows servers, and wired and wireless networking.
11. Demonstrated time management skills; ability to prioritize support requests, work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision, and escalate support requests as necessary to ensure that all support requests are resolved within acceptable time frames.
12. Team player with strong customer service orientation. Ability to work well with a diverse group of students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Christian Brothers High School community.
13. Commitment to supporting equity and inclusion at Christian Brothers High School.
14. Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in English.
15. Ability to maintain confidential and positive working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students, School and community organizations, vendors, and the general public.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Technical degree in the technology field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
1. Crawl under or around the furniture to install computer equipment
2. Must be able to comfortably and safely climb ladders and reach to install computer wiring and perform other tasks, bend, pull, reach, kneel, stoop and see for near and far work.
3. Exposed to a combination of everyday office-type environments, outdoors and shop environments
4. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds unassisted, travel comfortably across the campus, view a computer screen, and type on a computer keyboard at least 90% of work time.
Qualified individuals must perform the position’s essential duties with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. Christian Brothers High School will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation would not result in an undue hardship.
Those interested should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Along with your submission in the subject line, please list the title of the position you are interested in applying. This position is open until filled.
Please note: COVID-19 vaccinations will be required as a condition of employment for all CBHS faculty and staff.
This document neither constitutes an offer of employment nor acts as terms and conditions of employment.
Christian Brothers High School is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.