Operations Analyst (2023)
Performs finance, accounting, human resources, and investor relations duties for the company. Assists the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer in completing financial analysis, accounting procedures and human resources compliance. Uses hotel accounting tools to assist with allocations, audits, and compliance. Uses interpersonal skills to develop positive working relationships with all stakeholders including corporate office staff, hotel staff and partners/investors.
This position is based in the headquarters of CHC and Dolphin in Newport Beach, CA, and is on-site.
· Preparation of monthly financial and investor reporting packages, including investor communications
· Preparation of corporate month end journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet activity
· Assist with annual audits and general finance support for hotels, including annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process
· Assist with new employee onboarding and maintenance/tracking of employee forms and policies
· Work closely with Accounting and HR in the oversight of annual open enrollment and reconciliation of employee benefits
· Assist with new property onboarding transitions and procedures
· Special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
· Highly proficient in MS Office; must demonstrate excellent Excel knowledge and abilities
· Superior attention to detail and ability to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously;
· Completes assigned tasks in a timely fashion with high-quality results
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
· Intensity commensurate with the episodic demands of a transaction-driven, entrepreneurial environment; and
· A team orientation, flexibility, and the ability to work well under pressure.
Two years of finance/accounting experience preferred
Based on experience
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.