Manufacturing Operations Management - Airbus Global Graduate Program - Early Career
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world.
When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 2 year program where you develop your professional skills, build your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best.
We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future.
By the end of the program, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, and undertaken at least two rotational business placements. You will know about the Airbus business; the opportunities; challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great.
Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world.
If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
What you will be doing
You will be on a development pathway to prepare you to join the Operations Team at the US Final Assembly line. In this role you will be supporting the manufacturing and delivery of the A220 and A320 commercial aircrafts, and be involved in:
- Production: Working on a fast paced aviation production line in support of management.
- Quality: Understand and support the quality of aviation production in support of federal aviation requirements.
- Workforce Material Planning (WMP) / Logistics: Understanding and supporting an international supply chain, planning and scheduling in a production environment with over 500 people on each line and scheduling people and supplies from multiple locations throughout the world.
The rotations will be customized and designed according to the skillsets and interests of each participant, and the needs of the business across the A220 and A320 lines. The goal of the program is to introduce participants to several operations projects throughout an aviation production facility. Graduates of this program will get a big picture view of the Mobile Manufacturing Site and how all of the pieces come together to deliver industry-leading commercial aircrafts.
What we look for
To be a successful applicant to this position on the Airbus Global Graduate Program, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Attainment of a Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Business, Engineering Project Management, Industrial Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English). Conversational level French is a plu, but not required.
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation.
- A desire to drive your own learning, ask questions, and continuously learn and grow in a dynamic, fast-paced commercial manufacturing environment.
- The ability to be self aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
What you will need to apply
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Business, Engineering Project Management, Industrial Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- A strong curriculum emphasis on industrial, mechanical, and structural engineering would be beneficial, but is not required.
- A Master's Degree in Engineering and/or a minor in Computer Science would be beneficial, but is not required.
Specific Experiences / Interests:
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of project management, supply chain management and lean manufacturing. .
- Interest in growing your career in a manufacturing environment. Exposure to a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Apps Script) and coding in Python would be beneficial but not essential to apply.
- To be eligible for this position, you must be able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.
- A modest relocation package is available for this position for those who qualify based on location. By applying, you agree to be located in the job location by June 25th, 2023.
- For the US AGGP positions, you must be able to start June 26th, 2023. Any exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis and must be listed in the cover letter.
- AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
- As part of the development plan for this position, travel may be required for 5% of this position.
- Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application to the Airbus Global Graduate Program. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Job Posting will be open until November 6, 2022. Please note that depending on the number of applicants the posting can be taken offline earlier or be kept open longer. If you are interested we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
With a career at Airbus, the future is yours for the taking... We look forward to hearing from you!
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.