Data Engineering/Analyst Intern
We are looking for highly motivated Innovation Interns, who are passionate about the intersection of technology and construction, to join our Chicago Innovation team. At ARCO, every associate is empowered to make an impact from day one! Our Innovation Team is a rare find in the industry and works to connect everyone at ARCO to technology from Structural Engineers to Site Superintendents. We are motivated to change the future of construction by working with our diverse team to plan, build, and deliver groundbreaking solutions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration, data integrity, and data quality
- Translate business requirements into specifications and solutions
- Uses existing tools and applied principles to assist in deploying integration and production code
- Create, update, and maintain system based on incoming change requests and break-fixes.
- Interact with team members when developing interfaces and researching and troubleshooting technical issues
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, completed boot camp program, or relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with dispersed teams
- Willingness and ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in team settings
- Ability to take ownership of assigned project from start to finish
- Eager to learn and expand skillset
- Experience with writing Python and SQL code
- Experience with or desire to learn how to use APIs
- Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with relational databases, working with APIs, familiarity with full-stack software development
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle or coding languages
- Experience writing for a business / professional audience
Please note that all interns will not necessarily perform all the above tasks; tasks and projects will be assigned based on his/her proven abilities. We welcome all applicants with interest to apply!
MAKE YOUR MOVE
With 31 offices in major cities across the United States, we are one of the fastest-growing construction companies in the nation. As a leader in the design/build industry we rose to #6 on ENR's Top 100 Design-Build Companies list. We know that the best work requires the best talent – that’s why we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team of experts.
At ARCO, we are committed to taking care of our greatest asset – our team. From Project Managers to Interns and Co-ops, ARCO is dedicated to creating a workplace in which associates feel valued and empowered to succeed. From paid sabbaticals to premier compensation and everything in-between, we pride ourselves in making ARCO not only a great place to work, but the best place to build a career. From the moment an associate begins his or her career at ARCO, the opportunity for success is limitless.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.