Salesforce Business Analyst
Salesforce Business Analyst
Northmarq - Los Angeles, CA
NORTHMARQ - WHERE THE BEST COME TO THRIVE
Northmarq is entering a new era, and a landmark career opportunity is waiting for you. Northmarq is independent, and fiercely so. We have the freedom to do things the right way. To hire the very best. To give them the resources to thrive. We do it because that’s what we believe. Northmarq is not held back by principles, we’re propelled by them. We and our clients are growing fast because we’re providing something rare and valuable: easy access to the industry’s best talent, an agile and collaborative style, and vast resources to execute flawless deals for our clients and partners. Northmarq was voted by Real Estate Forum as one of The Best Places To Work In Real Estate!
Northmarq is seeking a Salesforce Business Analyst to drive requirements gathering, story development, and QA testing in support of our Investment Sales (IS) and Debt & Equity (D&E) teams. Primary duties will include, but are not limited to, collaborating with business stakeholders and technology representatives to define requirements for building new solutions, writing stories that define those business requirements, facilitating feedback loops with our Business Stakeholders, QA testing of solution prototypes to deliver technology solutions, and assisting in the training development and delivery for those solutions to the IS and D&E teams. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Salesforce, including automation features (flows, process builder, etc.), as well as Sales Cloud and Experience Cloud. The candidate will also have experience with Agile frameworks, gathering and documenting requirements, meeting facilitation, working with 3rd Party Vendors, and industry knowledge in Commercial Real Estate.
- Ideation: Work with the Salesforce Product Owner and Business Stakeholders to identify processes or work areas where new solutions could make the IS and D&E Teams more efficient.
- Discovery: Collaborate with business partners to understand and document the existing current state processes and work-arounds. Solicit and document feedback/requirements from Business Champions on how the ideal future state functionality or capabilities should work. Be inquisitive enough to “ask the next question.” Convert those discussions into meaningful Agile stories to be entered into the backlog for development.
- Design: Present drafted stories back to the Business Stakeholders for review and iterative adjustments until agreement is reached to move the stories into solution design. Share the requirements with the Solution Design team for architectural review of automation, data, security, and functional needs. When ready, share the proposed solution design with the Business Stakeholders for agreement on direction. Make iterative adjustments as necessary until design is approved to move into development.
- Development & Testing: Share story details with the development team in refinement and provide any needed clarifications during the planning sessions of a Sprint. Develop training materials for feature release. QA feature once a prototype has been delivered. If QA passes, present the prototype to the Business Stakeholders for review and approval. If revisions needed, create new stories to address the adjustments.
- Training: Once the prototype is approved, complete training materials (Speks, Release Notes, Video Script or Video Presentation of the new feature).
- Produce process diagrams, wireframes, and other documents needed to support development
- Liaise between the IS/D&E teams, the Information Technology team, and 3rd Party vendors
- Proactively seek out, evaluate, and recommend industry-specific technology trends and best practices
- Assist in the creation of new reports and dashboards to reflect productivity/profitability and track key performance indicators (KPI)
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience in business analysis of software development
- 1+ years of related Salesforce Business Analyst experience including relevant Salesforce certifications (Admin, App Builder, Sales Cloud Consultant, Experience Cloud Consultant, etc.)
- Thorough, thoughtful and detail-oriented
- Motivated to solve challenging puzzles both independently and with peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
- Experience managing vendor project implementations preferred
Northmarq offers a highly competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K match and an annual discretionary contribution based on business performance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance, education assistance, volunteer paid time off, charitable contribution match and so much more!