Director - Portfolio Modeling
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Director – Portfolio Modeling with Hines, you will be provide in-depth analysis of portfolio level performance, asset performance, major operational activities, and fund composition. This role will require an ability to create, assess, and modify complex financial models while maintaining their structural integrity. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage detailed and dynamic fund portfolio models to account for modification of fund structure, reporting requirements, changes to investments, changes to financing, and ad-hoc analysis
- Understand and communicate the impact of model changes on asset/fund/investor returns to management
- Prepare analyses in support of asset-level, fund-level, and capital raising decisions and negotiations
- Track and manage overall fund liquidity needs considering funds’ major operational activities while ensuring compliance with financing covenants set forth in loan agreements or other applicable restrictions
- Lead fund performance/financial reporting function for assigned funds
- Collaborate and coordinate with various stakeholders (Finance, Portfolio Management, Fund Management, and others) to produce high quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Continuously improve models, processes, reporting, and analytics; including use of automation tools
- Coach, develop, and oversee work products of junior colleagues
- Potentially lead major change initiatives to support the growth and scaling of the investment management platform through use of technology and ensure high levels of adoption
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related from an accredited institution; Master’s degree and/or professional certification (CFA, CPA, FMVA, CAIA, etc.) a plus
- Eight or more years of relevant experience; Corporate Finance and/or FP&A desired
- Five or more years of creating, maintaining, and improving financial models in Excel required
- One or more years of managing a project and/or team of direct reports
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 285 cities in 28 countries. Hines oversees investment assets under management totaling approximately $90.3 billion¹. In addition, Hines provides third-party property-level services to 373 properties totaling 114.2 million square feet. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,530 properties, totaling over 511 million square feet. The firm currently has more than 198 developments underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a foundational commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.