Research Analyst - Business and Software Systems
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate opening for a Research Analyst with interest or experience in the analysis and use of information technology and automated systems to support military and business operations in the Department of Defense. IDA takes great pride in the rigor, quality, and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military Department of Defense officials regarding operational test and evaluation of acquisition programs in all military Services. The position involves analyzing the design, conduct, and results of operational testing to provide independent assessments to the Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. These assessments require regular written products to present technical information clearly to a non-specialist audience, and briefings of the material to senior officials. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of such assessments and operational tests is required. Travel is required.
- Candidate must meet one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A Doctoral Degree in a STEM discipline that provides technical knowledge and analytical skills in mathematics, statistics, programming, experimental design, data analysis, and scientific problem solving OR
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline coupled with 8+ years’ experience in research, system design/engineering, system operations, or policy.
- Have an interest in learning fundamentals of software development, information and business system operations, and operational test and evaluation.
- Travel is required.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required. The ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is desired.
- Complete the application and submit your resume.
- The application process consists of three interviews.
- A short screening call with HR
- A screening call with researchers and
- A full day interview with various researchers and staff that includes giving an hour presentation on a research project.
- Prior to the full day interview, you will be asked to provide:
- Transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- 3 letters of recommendation and
- A writing sample.
- U.S. Citizenship is required