General Ledger Analyst (Fiscal Analyst 3)
Do you enjoy working with data? Do you find satisfaction in balancing accounts accurately? Would you like to see the impact of your work on the agency operations? If you answered yes to all, this might be the job you are looking for. You will work in a tight-knit team and experience new opportunities that will contribute to your career growth in finance.
The General Ledger Analyst performs duties such as:
- Compile General Ledger activity to draft financial reports
- Reconcile G/L accounts with subledgers
- Process player Federal Income Tax (FIT) Liability Payments daily
- Reconcile FIT between IGT & Tax system monthly
- Reconcile the FIT to be reported to the IRS annually
- Maintain QuickBooks financial data activity and reconcile monthly
We are looking for someone with at least five years of professional accounting or finance experience that includes one or more of the following:
- Applying accounting principles and guidelines to accounting activities.
- Experience retrieving data from financial reporting systems, analyzing accounts and various reports, and making account adjustments.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial reports and records to ensure accuracy.
- Government accounting experience, including AFRS, Enterprise Reporting, Web Intelligence, CAMS and applying SAAM guidelines.
- Experience processing large quantities of fiscal data with consistency, accuracy, and efficiency.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or closely allied field which includes the successful completion of 12 Quarter hours (or semester hour equivalent) college-level coursework in accounting, auditing, budgeting, or finance; AND two (2) or more years (full-time equivalency) of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, finance, or related program management field.
*Experience may substitute year for year for a Bachelor’s degree, but not for the minimum required accounting credits.