Intern - Data Science Intern - Summer 2023 - Broomfield, CO or Remote
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex business problems, build statistical models, and create predictive tools.
- Work effectively on a team as well as a self-driven individual to do research and develop cutting edge and effective solutions for the business.
- Create new insights that will drive business growth and profitability in the short and long term.
- Assist with building out machine learning models to optimize Re-rate program.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Education Requirements
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2023 – May 2024.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA preferred
- Proficiency and understanding of;
- Experience/Understanding in one of the following languages Python or R
- Familiar with Databases and SQL and NoSQL
- • Professional Attributes
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
- Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
- Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
- Professional attitude
- Flexible and adapts well to change.
- Work Setting
- Ideally the position will be working hybrid in our Broomfield, CO office. May consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 316995
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.