Production Planning Intern
This opportunity is located within our Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company business, a global leader of mission-critical hardware and systems solutions including precision energetics systems and innovative explosive solutions.Click here to learn more.
We are looking for a Production Planning Intern to join our 2023 summer internship program in Simsbury, CT!
The Production Planning Intern contributes to the successful preparation and delivery of product to both internal and external customers. This intern will support coordination of and/or perform tasks associated with operations execution starting with customer order entry through shipment. The Production Planning Intern will help to oversee and coordinate all inventory movement associated with modified-standard and repeat production product manufacture.
- Coordinate with the operations areas while obtaining knowledge of the procurement of raw materials and machined components
- Learn the FAR/DFAR requirements and observe the supplier development
- Gain experience in contract negotiation
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, preferably in business management, supply chain management, or other related fields
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards for quality and documentation is a must in all internship positions
- Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of departments
- Self-starters who can work with cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment
As an EBI intern, you will:
- Work on robust projects that prepare you for a full-time opportunity after graduation
- Solve real-world challenges alongside industry experts
- Receive competitive pay for your contributions
- Showcase your project outcomes to leadership at the end of the summer
- Participate in career discussions
- Socialize through teambuilding and networking events
- Learn more about career opportunities across our businesses
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.