Investment Analyst Intern
Khazanah Americas is the U.S. San Francisco office of Khazanah Nasional Berhad (“Khazanah”), a ~$40 billion USD strategic investment fund headquartered in Malaysia. Khazanah is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and has regional Investments offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, Mumbai and Istanbul. Khazanah Americas focuses on assessing venture capital, growth equity and buyout investment opportunities across North America.
Khazanah Americas is seeking talented and driven college junior and seniors with the flexibility to work remotely as Investment Analyst Interns. The Investment Analyst Intern program is typically a 3-4 month analyst full-time program (40 hour/ week). For successful candidates, we can be flexible on start and end dates, as well as total hours to be committed a week.
Our Investment Analyst Intern will support the team, and gain valuable exposure to the field of private equity investments, particularly in the technology, healthcare, consumer and financial services sectors. Individuals with an analytical background, attention to detail, and strong communication skills will thrive in our fast-pace and mission-driven environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
· Conducting research on various technology sectors, relevant market segments, specific companies, and venture activity market trends (e.g., in the case of the technology sector - artificial intelligence, mobility, enterprise software, cloud computing, big data, internet of things).
· Performing detailed financial modeling (three-statement operating model, DCF analysis), valuation (comparable companies), and due diligence on specific companies being considered for investment.
· Creating investment memoranda and related presentations for senior management, including C-Level executives.
· Identifying key strategic themes and whitespace opportunities within the technology sector, and understanding how they may relate to Khazanah’s existing and future investments.
· Representing Khazanah Americas at various venture capital, investment, and innovation conferences and select industry networking events to build relationships.
· Monitoring and tracking the performance of select portfolio companies.
· Providing general support to members of the investment group and other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
· Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields of study.
· Intellectual curiosity about technology and business models.
· Investor mindset with professional acumen, equipped with organizational, business intelligence, and communication skills.
· Strong written communication skills, with the ability to sift through large quantities of information, both quantitative and qualitative, identify salient points, and communicate them in the appropriate form.
· High level of communication and interpersonal skills to network and build relationships with entrepreneurs and financial professionals.
· Strong execution and follow-through while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
· Prior work experience in a quantitative and analytical environment is a plus.
· The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent judgement and problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform with maturity and integrity as a team player..