Business Development Analyst (American Student Transportation Partners)
Access Holdings Overview:
Founded in 2013, Access Holdings (“Access”) is a Baltimore-based private investment firm with $2.1 billion of Assets Under Management (“AUM”). Access makes direct investments in essential service-based businesses with enterprise values between $50 million - $1 billion. Access takes a research based, thematic approach to investing, looking to acquire businesses in niche service industries that are positioned to outperform. Access seeks to create value over time through active management oversight and support its portfolio company partners.
Access “LEAD” (Lead, Engage, Accelerate and Development) Program
Access is seeking outstanding candidates for its LEAD Program. This role is part of a broader Access strategy to cultivate best-in-class marketing and business development talent across the Access investment ecosystem. This is an exciting opportunity for high-potential talent to learn, implement, and continuously evolve a proven sourcing and origination strategy that has driven tremendous value for Access across a wide range of use cases. This position provides hands-on experience working hand-in-hand with deeply experienced Corporate Development, and Sales and Marketing executives as well as senior investment professionals at Access.
As part of the LEAD program, you will sit at the epicenter of some of the most important Access Holdings value creation initiatives, while also learning and applying a wide range of contemporary digital tools and technology. Participants of the program will work directly with portfolio executives and corporate development teams to design outreach strategies and digital campaigns to generate business development opportunities including M&A targets, multi-million-dollar contract opportunities, and new potential customers.
Candidates who join the LEAD Program as a member of an Access portfolio company will be working in partnership with the Access Digital Origination team and the corporate executive teams to drive key business development initiatives. Participants will develop a robust digital marketing skillset, and become deeply knowledgeable in digital sourcing and origination strategies across multiple facets.
This role will initially be based in the brand-new Access Holdings Baltimore HQ, based in the Historic Mount Vernon neighborhood during the first year. You will be working directly with the Access team and their respective portfolio executive teams. Members of the program will attend and participate in onboarding and training led by Access and designed to develop a robust knowledge and skillset in our digital tools and capabilities. After the first year, you will have the opportunity to work directly in the portfolio company headquarters as a direct extension of the Access Business Development team.
Through this program you will have direct exposure to many areas of the Access Holdings ecosystem. Participants will be well-positioned to accelerate their career towards a move into a number of M&A, Marketing and Sales roles across the ecosystem for the long-term.
Company: American Student Transportation Partners
Industry: Student Transportation
Location: Philadelphia, PA
American Student Transportation Partners (“ASTP”) is a growing platform partnering with best-of-breed operators within the student transportation space. ASTP’s transportation services span van and special needs transportation to mini and large bus K-12 student transportation across both public and parochial schools.
ASTP is led by industry-leading executives with experience across scaled private equity-backed, buy-and-build student transportation platforms. We are an ideal partner for student transportation operators who are striving to expand their footprint through organic new bid wins and add-on acquisitions within attractive markets. We also provide our partner operators with access to a wealth of resources that will support our collective ability to drive growth in a competitive market, such as the implementation of proven marketing and recruiting techniques, realization of operational efficiencies and strategic sourcing capabilities.
- Execute thorough market research to identify potential targets that meet the Access investment criteria
- Design and execute digital marketing content and strategies in partnership with Portfolio Executives and Access Investment Professionals
- Source and Originate platform investment and add-on opportunities via digital strategies to Founders, CEOs and other senior stakeholders
- Participate in sourcing and origination discussions with Founders, CEOs and other senior stakeholders
- Engage with senior industry executives as part of the research-driven Access investment approach
- Develop and design executive-level reports, dashboards and board-level presentations
- Managing stakeholder engagement to ensure that Access sourcing and origination strategies are current and properly leveraged
- Developing a command of the Access digital tool capabilities to drive broader adoption and identify enhancement opportunities
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Fast learner with a desire to move with urgency, accountability, and intent
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to express complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Persistent focus on innovative management and operational processes to optimize company efficiency
- Ability to synthesize and convey complex business concepts effectively
- Strategic planner with the ability to plan and execute upon a defined task or strategy
- Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to derive best practices
- Passion for innovation and being intellectually curious
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to drive change
- Comprehension of negotiation processes poised to achieve optimal outcomes
- Comfortable working with complex operational data and financial and operational analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of professional experience in business development, marketing or sales preferred
- Exceptional project management experience
- Passion for investing and learning about new industries
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working in a small, entrepreneurial team
- Competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM and Digital Automation tools a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future