Economic Research Intern
You may think of Nasdaq as just a stock exchange but think again. With more than 6,000 associates in 39 offices around the world, we're a global technology company that serves customers in more than 50 countries. Since 1971, when Nasdaq created the world's first electronic exchange, our innovations have revolutionized the global capital markets and changed how businesses operate. By joining Nasdaq, you will play an important role in fostering inclusive growth and prosperity in the communities we operate in. We know that we thrive because of our exceptional people. That's why we offer generous benefits to bring greater prosperity to your life, personally and professionally.
Diversity is at the core of what we do, and we deliberately seek out people who bring unique backgrounds, skills, and perspectives to our culture.
Explore our careers page to learn more and hear from our employees about why they love working here.
Nasdaq's Internship Program provides outstanding opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience during a 10-week internship. As part of the program, you will partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues, and take on a real-world project with real-world impact and gain practical skills that will help shape your career for years to come. Additionally, you will meet with senior leaders and participate in professional development activities throughout your internship.
What You Will Do:
Our Internship Program plays an important role within Nasdaq and is a comprehensive introduction to the software product development industry. For a college student, real-world professional business experience can put you above other candidates when you enter the job market upon graduation. You may also have the opportunity to join us full-time after successful completion of the program.
Our Interns work at a fast pace – just like all other Nasdaq Associates. From day one as a paid Intern, you'll learn what it takes to work within a successful business and acquire highly marketable skills and experience. It's learning by doing, not by getting coffee or filing all day. Our Interns take on the real-world projects that impact the business. You will work to get real world experience with how a software business operates. It's a team-based environment that is both supportive and fun!
ER Research Analysts become experts in quantitative analysis, analytics, pricing, financial products, market microstructure, financial regulation, and exchange competition. ER analysts have frequent contact with all levels of management, customers, and regulators, providing excellent opportunities for advancement. You will work on projects from start to end and focus on delivering high quality insights. You will partners with key stakeholders across the organization to inform business and product decisions and learn about Nasdaq’s broad array of products. Some of the topics the team works on can be found on Nasdaq’s Market Makers blog.
A typical day will include
- Analyzing large, complex data sets
- Discovering business opportunities and threats, and developing innovative responses
- Handling the most challenging customer and regulatory inquiries
- Continuously extending our knowledge of the financial industry and sharing it with colleagues throughout the company
- Presenting results to management, customers, and regulators
- Partnering closely with product teams
- Creating new analytical models to power ongoing insights via BI tools
- Working with product teams to formulate and test exchange transaction pricing schedules
What We Expect:
- Must be a rising senior enrolled full time for the upcoming semester in an accredited college or university in an analytical, quantitative or STEM field and on-track to graduate
- 10-week commitment with availability to start in June
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Motivated self-starter who is results-driven
- Experience using SQL
- Analytic programming experience or evidence of the ability to develop these skills rapidly (e.g., R, Python, or etc)
- Highly motivated with evidence of intellectual curiosity and creativity
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.