Analyst (CRE Valuation)
Candidates must be near one of our offices and able/willing to commute into the office.
NPV Advisors is looking for full-time valuation analysts to be part of our appraisal accelerator program. We are hiring team members to join our January 2023 class. The applicant must be able to work from our offices in Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA or Houston, TX.
The Appraisal Accelerator is a 12-to-18-month program that prepares participants to become commercial real estate appraisers. Analysts will spend the first two months in a formal instruction phase that concludes with an appraisal capstone project. This is followed by on-the-job training in an apprenticeship-style program. Analysts will gain experience in an apprenticeship model whereby the candidate is paired with senior appraisal staff assisting with valuation procedures, modeling using Argus Enterprise and report writing. Analysts will gain familiarity in the appraisal of a wide array of property types with various levels of complexity from single-tenant industrial buildings to complex retail/mixed use developments.
Our training process is designed to identify and cultivate those who have the dedication and drive to rise to senior-level positions within our firm. Successful candidates will be eager to learn, display comfort in research, analysis, and report writing, and will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
All analysts will be enrolled in courses at the Appraisal Institute to work toward licensing and state certification. Upon completion of the accelerator program, the analyst will have the knowledge and experience to advance to a staff appraisal position with the firm.
The salary for this position ranges from $50,000 to $65,000 annually. Salary will be determined by experience, education, and work location. After approximately six months, the analyst will be eligible for discretionary quarterly bonuses based on quality and work amount. NPV Advisors offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a safe-harbor 401K.
- Develop an understanding of appraisal principles and report writing
- Draft narrative reports that clearly articulate assumptions, methodology, and conclusions of the valuation process
- Conduct research on property fundamentals understanding national, regional, local, and property-specific trends
- Research and analyze comparable leases and sales
- Conduct market surveys
- Develop financial models utilizing Argus Enterprise
- Analyze cash flows for income-producing assets
- Work toward appraisal licensing
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- 0 to 3 years of prior work experience
- Passion for real estate and developing a career in valuation
- Strong analytical ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to write in clear, concise language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- No Argus Enterprise Experience is required
Successful team members have come from diverse educational backgrounds including liberal arts, social sciences, law, and business as well as a variety of past professional experience across a multitude of industries. Passion for real estate (even with no prior experience in the industry) as well as a desire to learn and build a career are required.
From its inception as a boutique firm in the industry, NPV Advisors has evolved into one of the largest privately held real estate valuation and advisory services firms in the United States. We serve our clients through regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Newport Beach, and Seattle. The company is recognized as a premier advisor to institutional investors and lenders.
NPV Advisors provides equal opportunity employment to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.