Senior Financial Analyst
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Perform complex professional level financial accounting and reporting activities in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP), which includes auditing, analyzing and verifying financial records;
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and year-end closing procedures which include reconciliation of general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts and preparation of financial reports;
- Process and maintain purchase orders and change orders;
- Assist in audit processes which include preparation of reports and reconciliation of schedules;
- Provide support in the administration of payroll and benefits;
- Review annual compliance reports; and
- Perform related work as required.
Alameda County is the geographic center of the San Francisco Bay Area, located east of the San Francisco Bay, extending to Livermore in the East and from Albany in the North to Fremont in the South. Alameda County encompasses 813 square miles of land and has a population in excess of 1.6 million, making it the second most populated county in the Bay Area.
Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC) is a joint powers authority that plans, funds and delivers transportation programs and projects that expand access and improve mobility in Alameda County. Alameda CTC was created by the merger of the Alameda County Congestion Management Agency and the Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority in order to allow for better coordination of transportation planning and programming within the County, as well as position Alameda County jurisdictions and transit agencies to better compete for limited state and federal transportation dollars.
Together, We Deliver Excellence. Alameda CTC is invested in making a positive impact. Our staff values a nurturing environment with visionary thinking to deliver our mission. We embrace the diversity of our vibrant teams and actively collaborate toward our common goals. Staff at Alameda CTC advance inclusivity and trust through open, honest, and respectful communication. Our culture is built together, day by day, in every action we take.
We Are, Who We Serve. Alameda CTC is committed to serving the people of Alameda County. We aspire to be people-centric by celebrating those who bring their authentic selves to work and we support the needs of our very diverse communities. We strive to cultivate opportunities that address historical inequities by inviting and engaging multiple perspectives. We set the standard for diversity, equity, and inclusion and our leadership cultivates a workplace that empowers staff to reach their potential.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Knowledge and understanding of principles, practices, and procedures related to governmental accounting and financial analysis, including fund accounting, budgeting, and auditing.
- The ability to prepare accurate, clear, complete, and concise financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP, including making accurate arithmetic, financial, and statistical computations.
- The capability to coordinate, track and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, to complete work independently and efficiently, and to meet deadlines.
- A strong understanding of research and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Aptitude to work closely with staff and maintain a high level of integrity when dealing with confidential data and information.
- A team-oriented, collaborative attitude with the ability to analyze data, proactively problem-solve and recommend corrective actions when necessary.
- A desire to provide high level customer service when dealing effectively and directly with vendors and Alameda CTC staff.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat programs.
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform advanced professional level financial accounting duties in compliance with GAAP and governmental accounting standards, including but not limited to general accounting, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts, verifying the classification of expenditures and researching and analyzing transactions to resolve discrepancies.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end general ledger processing and closing procedures which includes preparation of journal entries with proper documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with payroll processing including reviewing timesheets for completeness, submission of information to third-party processor, maintaining time off schedules, and reviewing annual 1099 and W2 information to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with benefits administration, including tracking and maintaining flexible benefits accounts, processing new employee enrollments and staff terminations, reviewing invoices and allocating benefit costs to appropriate accounts.
- Provides support and vacation coverage for accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business, public administration, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) year of professional-level full-time equivalent experience performing accounting functions or financial analysis.
- All employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster shot. Employees with an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons will be subject to weekly COVID-19 testing.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range is $105,178 to $136,731 depending on qualifications and experience.
Alameda County Transportation Commission offers a generous benefits package including:
- Cafeteria Plan which employees can use to choose the following:
o Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; and
o Life, AD&D, and Long-term and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Retirement Program in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS):
o Classic Member (member of CalPERS prior to January 1, 2013) – 2.5% at age 55 (employee contributes 3%)
o New Member (under new PEPRA laws) – 2% at age 62 (employee contributes 6.75%, this amount is subject to change at the beginning of each fiscal year per CalPERS calculations)
- Vacation Leave: Starts at 10 days per year and increases based on years of service.
- Sick Leave: Accrued at 1 day per month.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays, plus three (3) floating holidays, per year.
- Other benefits, including transit subsidy, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, etc.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit the Alameda CTC website and download an application at: https://www.alamedactc.org/get-involved/careers-jobs/
Complete application packets must include a cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.com.
As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials to:
1111 Broadway, Suite 800
Oakland, CA 94607
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This recruitment will remain open until filled; however, candidates are encouraged to apply early in the process for optimal consideration. The deadline for submissions for the first review of resumes will be on November 6, 2022.
Alameda CTC is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity and is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or discriminated against under its hiring activities on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, or medical condition including genetic characteristics. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides protections against discrimination based on race, color and national origin; and 49 United States Code Section 5332 provides additional protections against discrimination based on religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age.
Employment at Alameda CTC is at-will.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.