Citi Investment Banking - Sustainability, Summer Analyst 2023 (New York)
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Investment Banking Sustainability and Corporate Transitions team in North America (NAM). The Investment Banking group provides Sustainability- and ESG-focused expertise and strategic advisory solutions to corporate, financial service and public sector clients. Mandates include mergers & acquisitions, capital raising and other strategic financings.
Your time here will look something like this...
As a summer analyst on our team, you will work on live client engagements for which we will request you research Sustainability themes and companies, develop recommendations, and prepare client materials. You will work with both junior and senior bankers, encounter companies in multiple sectors and see a variety of our clients’ strategic Sustainability challenges. You will likely work on materials spanning Citi’s investment banking, corporate banking, capital markets and trade & transaction services product sets. You will also complete a summer-long team project requiring new analytical content for our advisory work.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
The Sustainability and Corporate Transitions (SCT) group delivers data-driven and actionable strategic advice to Citi’s corporate, financial institution, and public sector clients globally with a focus on delivering corporate finance products and services aligned with emergent sustainability strategies. We help win new business by differentiating Citi from its competitors and play a key role in deepening the firm’s relationship with many of its largest and most sophisticated clients. Who we are: We are a multidisciplinary team of bankers in New York and London. Our analysts and associates come from top universities with degrees in diverse fields, and we value a strong grasp of economics and finance paired with confidence in environmental studies, statistics and the social sciences broadly. Our diverse backgrounds enable us to pace with the fast-changing Sustainability agenda. What we do: We help boards, CEOs, CFOs, and treasurers understand stakeholder expectations about Sustainability; articulate corporate Sustainability strategies; and realize value from those strategies with financing tools. We help them better understand what Sustainability factors influence their equity and debt prices and how peers are communicating on ESG themes. Our goals are to drive and execute transactions as well as to solidify Citi’s role as a trusted advisory to our major clients.
How we work:
Our work combines core investment banking skills, qualitative and quantitative synthesis of diverse Sustainability-related developments, and the exercise of strong "EQ" (emotional intelligence). We work directly with clients and collaborate closely with colleagues all across Citi.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are graduating between December 2023 and June 2024 with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any field and can demonstrate a strong interest in and understanding of banking, finance or economics as well as topical social issues, environmental concerns or social science methodologies.
Who we think will be a great fit...
- You have an outstanding record of academic achievement and a genuine interest in the world of finance.
- You are hardworking, organized, proactive and methodical.
- You communicate clearly in speech, writing, and presentations.
- You are comfortable working with data and you enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult and unstructured problem.
* Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.