Intern, Operations Analyst
We are hiring!
Summer 2023 Internship
Housing and Transportation Stipend Available
Who should apply: Rising junior or senior with expected Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Graduate students will not be considered for this role.
Location: Arlington, Virginia - 10 minutes from Washington, DC.
What is an OCIO? Click HERE
The Operations Intern will be responsible for a variety of internal functions within our Operations department. Additionally, they will work on various projects on an ad-hoc basis that may include project managing across various internal departments. The ideal candidate wants to learn about the OCIO industry and will be excited about the opportunity to learn about how an institutional asset manager manages portfolios and conducts day to day portfolio operations.
· Support day to day investment operations for investments in array of investment vehicles (funds, derivatives, etc.) and asset classes including equities, hedge funds, fixed income, and private equity
· Participate in team activities related to on-going daily portfolio operations including cash and capital transaction management, portfolio accounting, and performance reporting.
· Interact with variety of internal and external constituents including clients, managers, and custodians.
· Analyze operational tasks, provide suggestions and new ideas for improving operational efficiency.
· Manage ad-hoc projects by:
o Meeting with department subject matter experts to gather requirements.
o Define project scope
o Develop and implement project plan
· Other duties as assigned
· Rising junior or senior with expected Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
· Microsoft Excel proficiency.
· Experience and/or interest in investment operations a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
· Outstanding attention to detail.
· Must be equally skilled at working both independently and within a team.