Executive Director (@ Laborers' - Employers' Cooperation and Education Trust)
Executive Director at the Laborers' - Employers' Cooperation and Education Trust (LECET) in DeForest, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
The Laborers’-Employers’ Cooperation and Education Trust (LECET) was formed in 1991 to advance the best interest and well-being of Laborers and their families through the creation of a labor-management cooperation organization by their union (The Wisconsin Laborers are affiliated with the Laborers International Union of North America- LIUNA) and its Signatory Employers. Both Labor and Management agreed many items fall outside the collective bargaining agreement that would be beneficial to address through labor-management cooperation, including, but not limited to, expansion of work opportunities, work preservation, job security, economic competitiveness, productivity, organizational effectiveness, economic development, and improved labor- management and government regulations.
LECET seeks a full-time Executive Director to help carry out these goals and other issues faced by the Wisconsin Laborers, its Signatory Contractors, and the union construction industry. The Executive Director will lead strategic planning and program development, coordinate promotion and marketing activities regarding LECET, union apprenticeships, and LECET initiatives, and manage the organization’s day-to-day operations and activities. The Executive Director reports directly to the Chairman, shall serve at the will of the board of trustees, and undertake a wide range of duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle daily business of LECET, either directly or through retained vendors
- Send notices and prepare materials for all Trustee Meetings
- Partner with Wisconsin Laborers District Council Communications Director on the website and social media content management
- Drive member outreach through avenues such as e-newsletters and email blasts
Promote LIUNA Wisconsin Laborers and Signatory Partners:
- Promote apprenticeship opportunities in the Construction Craft Laborers Apprenticeship Program, and assist the Wisconsin Laborers Apprenticeship and Training Fund efforts
- Promote the Wisconsin Laborers Training Center and its apprenticeship courses, highlighting how training results in a skilled, safe, and productive workforce.
- Oversee marketing, advertising, and promotions following the budget, branding, and style guides
Creation of a Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise Mentorship Program:
- Work with Wisconsin- Great Lakes Regional Organizing Committee-GROC Marketing Manager to identify Disadvantage Business Enterprises to engage in programs
- Create materials to educate Disadvantage Business Enterprises (DBEs) about opportunities and resources available to them as a DBE, MBE, SBE, or WBE
- Work one-on-one as a mentor to help DBEs navigate and educate not only the construction industry but through the intricacies of the union side of the business
- Work with existing DBE programs such as Construction Business Group’s DBE Development Initiative
Identify and participate in organizations that strengthen relationships within the construction industry:
- Focus primarily on groups that have project owners or developers in attendance
- Focus on pro-economic development and pro-growth organizations
- Educate organizations about LECET, LIUNA WI, and SIGNATORY CONTRACTORS
- Work cooperatively and strategically with other trades and their signatory contractors to promote and protect the union construction industry in Wisconsin
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A qualified applicant will bring a combination of college-level training and position-related experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business administration, human resources, public policy, or a related field to their candidacy
- Experience in the administration of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) programs or contract management and compliance-related work is a plus
- Ability to meet a flexible schedule, as the ED will be required to complete light travel throughout the State of Wisconsin
- There will also be a few engagements throughout the year that will require attendance in evenings, weekends, and out-of-state travel for conferences and or conventions
- Union membership is strongly encouraged, as this is a union leadership position
Health, vision, dental, pension plan, vehicle (With gas and insurance paid), and phone.
(This role offers benefits through Wisconsin Laborer’s Health and Pension Plan
LECET is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran’s status, or national origin and abides by state regulations and federal laws pertaining to equal employment opportunity.