Product and Operations Analyst Summer Intern
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
**This full-time intern position will be available starting in June 2023**
Operations Analyst Intern:
Our business is constantly changing and adapting to the needs of the marketplace and it is important that we remain focused on serving our customers. Our teams consist of technologists, communications and marketing specialists, trainers and instructional designers as well as individuals focused on reporting, process improvement projects, program/project management and business analysis.
- Project Management – ownership/support of projects in an effort to more effectively manage the business
- Working across functions and roles, both within the operations team as well as to other areas such as Finance and Product to accomplish goals of the operations
- Conducting analysis/reporting for operations projects relating to: efficiencies, project selection, individual staff metrics, program level metrics, contract scorecards and research into issues
- Process documentation and mapping
- Applying technology solutions to solve operational problems, leveraging tools like: SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Python, Power BI, Domo, SSRS/SSIS, etc.
- Delivering corporate branded graphic design requests and have experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Analysis and development of training solutions to support operations
Product Management Intern:
Our product teams serve a variety of purposes, including: setting program strategies, onboarding new clients, working with the clinical teams to execute and achieve the program benefits as well as many other activities. Together our product team works alongside other functions to serve our members, providers, and clients and are focused on doing so in an effective and efficient manner. Our business is constantly changing and adapting to the needs of the marketplace and it is important that we remain focused on serving those three groups.
Interns in the product and operations areas have worked on these specific projects in prior years: product re-design, market and competitor analysis, marketing strategy plans, benefit design and implementation, claims reporting projects and more.
- Assist with ownership/support of projects in an effort to more effectively manage the products
- Working across functions and roles, both within the product team as well as to other areas such as Finance and Operations to accomplish goals of the programs. Communication of program changes is a critical task
- Process improvement projects: handling projects for claims, clients and other product needs
- Conducting product projects relating to: strategy, client analysis, market and competitor analysis
- Handling relationships with external partners such as providers and clients in regards to new membership, program changes, client issues, and operational decisions
- Product strategizing: working on solutions and recommendations for short and long term product strategy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Word and Excel programs
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations, Marketing, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Finance, Communications or other related business
- 3.00 GPA or higher
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.