LAUSD is seeking to hire Administrative Analysts to collect, analyze, and compile data and make reports related to organizational structure, work simplification and distribution, methods and procedures, system design and analysis, and physical layout.
An ideal candidate will have:
* Experience analyzing, interpreting data and finding trends in order to utilize the information to prepare clear and concise reports.
* Experience with spreadsheets/data management systems to create pivot tables, vlookups and manage multiple large databases.
* Experience with word processing, presentation systems and ability to learn new technology quickly.
* High accuracy and attention-to-detail, thoroughly verifying and analyzing information to ensure accuracy.
* Ability to write and prepare clear and concise reports policies, procedures, and documents.
* Ability to handle a heavy and varying workload, while being mindful in the management of designated timelines and other time sensitive duties.
* Initiative, be dependable and accountable for their work.
* Ability to work well in teams to produce successful outcomes.
EDUCATION: Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree, including completion of at least 12 semester units or equivalent in organization and management, computer science, accounting, finance, economics, statistics, research techniques, business, personnel, communication, and/or public administration.
Experience in an administrative staff or professional-level LAUSD position with responsibility for project management; or conducting studies, writing reports, or preparing recommendations related to the analysis of systems and procedures, organization and management, workflow distribution, work simplification, and improvement in efficiency may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in an administrative staff or professional-level position involving the review, analysis, and preparation of recommendations related to work systems, methods, and procedures; organization and staffing; communications and records controls; personnel administration; financial administration; or other administrative matters.
A master's degree may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
Insurance: Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.
Paid Holidays: Up to 13 days.