Assistant Administrative Analyst
LAUSD is seeking to hire Assistant Administrative Analysts to assist in conducting research, surveys, and studies on such subjects as labor, space, material and equipment utilization, time and motion, methods and procedures, staff organization, and demography; assist in preparing project budgets and proposals; and maintain related records and controls.
An ideal candidate will have:
* Research experience to verify, gather information and prepare reports.
* Experience compiling, analyzing data, and finding data trends.
* Experience with spreadsheets/data management systems to create Visit us at www.lausdjobs.org pivot tables, vlookups and manage multiple large databases.
* Experience with word processing, presentation systems and ability to learn new technology quickly.
* Critical thinking and sound judgment to manage assignments independently.
* Initiative to follow-up, ask pertinent questions, and is analytical minded.
* Attention-to detail to collect and record information into databases.
* Self-management skills to manage their time, work schedule efficiency, follow through on assignments, and meet deadlines.
* Ability to be a self-starter, dependable and accountable for their work.
* Ability to work both independently and in teams to produce successful outcomes.
EDUCATION: Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree, including completion of at least 12 semester units or equivalent in organization and management, computer science, accounting, finance, economics, statistics, research techniques, business, personnel, communication, and/or public administration.
LAUSD experience beyond the minimum required in an administrative staff or professional position that involved project management; obtaining, compiling, and analyzing data for the preparation of recommendations related to work systems, methods, and procedures; organization and staffing; communications and record controls; personnel administration; financial administration; or other administrative matters may be substituted for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
EXPERIENCE: Six months of experience as an Administrative Staff Aide, or one year in an administrative staff or professional-level position involving the review, analysis, and preparation of recommendations related to work systems, methods, and procedures; organization and staffing; communications and records controls; personnel administration; financial administration; or other administrative matters.
Insurance: Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.
Paid Holidays: Up to 13 days.