IT Asset Mgmt Specialist
Performs all aspects of IT asset management work from asset procurement and sourcing through disposition, including asset receipt, moves, and inventory management, and assists with the enforcement of asset related policies and adherence to compliance requirements.
Salary: CAD-Classified Professional 4
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional, and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the particular agency, division, department to which they are assigned, individual employees may perform all or any of the duties described below.
- Establishes and writes relational database queries for reporting purposes, querying/merging asset information from different systems such as asset data in Asset Manager, Access databases, relational databases and/or SQL databases in order to establish various asset reports.
- Administers technology refresh program for client computing devices to include planning, procurement, coordination, deployment and disposal of equipment.
- Assists with life cycle analysis to determine what assets will be replaced to include age, condition, and performance of asset.
- Performs enterprise wide monitoring, controlling, and tracking of IT managed hardware for all BOCC departments.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to streamline the asset management processes and cost reduction, while maintaining service levels, and customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key decision makers, peers, vendors and department’s liaisons to understand their business objectives and practices, and ensure effective coordination in delivery of asset management services to those clients.
- Improves asset management processes to ensure that hardware and physical media software assets are tracked appropriately and that they can be reconciled with the accounting fixed asset system, by creating new processes. These can be created as a guideline or within the Asset Management application.
- Supports IT asset management audits and inventories, including asset information collection, and asset inventory projects. Supports the Clerk of the Circuit Court for yearly capital asset inventory for countywide IT assets. Manages IT asset inventory and audits with contracted vendors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Knowledge of IT asset management systems including asset management processes, application settings, asset updates and report management.
- Knowledge of IT asset management inventory, move, additions and change processes.
- Knowledge of relational databases, ODBC, SQL and report writers.
- Knowledge of personal computer software application installation, operation and testing.
- Knowledge of agency standards for managing hardware and/or software.
- Ability to coordinate activities with vendors and department liaisons.
- Ability to systematically solve problems related to asset data and reporting.
- Ability to develop, review and edit technical documentation.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Ability to pick up and move IT hardware weighing 10lbs up to 50lbs.
- This position is primarily sedentary.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in the field of information technology; AND
- Two years of experience administering IT asset inventory and relational database report writing, and the installation, configuration, and testing of personal computing devices, peripherals, and office productivity software applications; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies listed above.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee’s department, the County’s Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.