Data Analyst, Principal - Family and Community Services Data & Analytics Unit
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of Idaho’s families and children? Are you seeking a position with advancement and training opportunities and an excellent benefits package? If this sounds like a good fit to you, we are seeking applicants for two Data Analyst, Principals in the Family & Community Services Data & Analytics Unit.
The Data Analyst, Principal will implement the organization and use of information to produce data driven decision making through data analytics.
- Uses Tableau, SQL Server, and Microsoft Excel to obtain and organize data from various systems.
- Creates reports and dashboards to assist staff in making timely, data-driven decisions.
- Ensures that the data compiled for Federal, State, and County inquiries and reports is collected and presented in an accurate, accessible, and timely manner.
- Drafts and conducts surveys for internal and external use.
These positions will be located at the department's administrative office in downtown Boise and will have the opportunity for a hybrid work schedule.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Data Analyst, Principal making $29.75/hour to an estimated $42.16/hour.
If you have previously applied for Data Analyst, Principal (Research Analyst, Principal) and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Analyzes data, interprets trends, and results of the findings, and develops conclusions in coordination with staff.
- Develops interactive data visualization and presentation tools as a resource for all levels of staff.
- Responds to ad hoc data requests and provides responses in an accurate, concise, and timely way.
- Compiles and disseminates findings in formats appropriate to various users and makes oral presentations of findings.
- Identifies erroneous or questionable data and contacts or directs staff to contact providers to verify and correct.
- Reviews and updates data ensuring output is consistent with study.
- May recommend or perform follow up studies of problem areas.
- Confers with information technology staff and approves implementation.
- Works with business areas to oversee and provide data for data driven decision making for the organization.
- Assists business with defining data needs and data collection.
- Consults with officials of state and federal agencies and private entities to coordinate development and design of projects.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put “See resume” as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Experience that demonstrates considerable knowledge of modeling and trend analysis and simulation techniques.
- Experience planning, developing, and implementing complex research and statistical projects and presenting the results.
- Experience using and interpreting output of a statistical analysis software package.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/EXTRA CREDIT:
Below are additional qualifications. They are not required, however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score. Please answer each item below with enough detail to determine you meet each requirement to receive extra credit.
- Experience using one or more of the following software programs: Tableau, SQL Server Management Studio, ArcGIS Online, R, SAS, Microsoft Excel, or other similar data manipulation programs. Gained by at least six months of related experience or successful completion of college coursework.