Corvallis Manor is seeking a Maintenance Director to join their team!
At Avalon Health Care Group we have built our culture around providing outstanding care to our patients. We are driven by maintaining a reverence for life and a heart for healing. Many of Avalon Health Care’s facilities are rated 4 and 5 stars for staffing. Our people make all the difference. Are you driven by delivering great execution in healthcare? Are you motivated by helping people? Does striving for excellence in patient care motivate you? Then look no further, Avalon Health Care Group could be the perfect place for you.
Schedule: Full-Time (Monday-Friday + On-call availability)
Pay: $22/HR - $24/HR DOE
Our Employee Experience:
- Our Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Pet insurance.
- Tuition Assistance available
- Start wage is based on years of experience.
- Two weeks of PTO
- Perform minor repairs and supervise the day-to-day repair, improvement and preventative maintenance of the building, equipment, lawn and grounds; arrange for and manage outside repair, maintenance and construction services according to procedures; and may perform and supervise floor care.
- Must be responsive to after hour and weekend calls (24/7).
- Supervise maintenance staff in the day-to-day facility operations of assigned areas. Make job assignments and set priorities. Orient new staff and participate in recruitment and selection. Communicate policies, assist and coach as needed.
- Monitor work assignments, provide feedback, evaluate performance and discipline as needed.
- Maintain record manage budgets and supplies, and fulfill department head responsibilities.
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly; and strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects; ensure Universal Precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed; and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Assist other as requested and function as a working supervisor in all areas of responsibilities as the departments’ budgeted hours and work-load require.
- Comply with Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports.
- Comply with standard Lock Out/Tag Out procedures for electrical repairs.
Residents’ Rights and Positive Relationships
- Understand, comply with and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents’ rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training, and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, and carpentry repairs or equivalent technical knowledge or licensing.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish job requirements.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Life Safety code regulations applicable to the health care industry.
- Must be familiar with State and local building code regulations.
Avalon Health Care Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.