Non-Profit Social Media Associate
Global G.L.O.W. is a 501(c)(3) organization that creates and operates innovative programs to mentor girls to advocate for themselves and make their communities stronger. We operate in vulnerable communities across 26 countries, including the United States. We partner with mission-aligned schools, community centers and NGOs that work directly with girls through out-of-school programming to address the most critical barriers affecting girls globally across the impact areas of self-advocacy, well-being, educational engagement, economic opportunity and community impact. To learn more about our work, please visit us at www.globalgirlsglow.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting virtually, the Social Media Volunteer will primarily support Global G.L.O.W. 's strategic priority to amplify girls' voices. Providing support to the Social Media Consultant and helping curate girl-centric content for external channels, this role will work with a cross-departmental team and girl leaders from around the world. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Global G.L.O.W.’s work and who will be dedicated to making sure girls lead.
- Identify newest trends and activate quickly to drive innovation, and grow engagement/community size within social media platforms.
- Working with our external team to script and execute short videos that engage social media users while being true to Global G.L.O.W.’s values and mission.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Consultant to brainstorm ideas, themes, concepts, and trends for the monthly social media calendar.
- Working with the Communications team, provide recommendations for girl-centric quotes, videos, and photos for sharing on Global G.L.O.W. platforms (social media, the website, e-newsletters)
- Contribute research and ideas to help engage our community in key advocacy months like March (Commission on the Status of Women) and May (Menstrual Health Month)
- Support communications and coordination across teams (Program Team, Communications, Strategic Partnerships) as needed
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating content for TikTok/Reels on a personal or business channel
- Able to shoot and edit comfortably, as well as natively in the TikTok app
- Humor and meme-making abilities a plus!
- Able to eloquently and ethically tell a story or do research and explain a topic in a captivating way
- Able to work individually and collaboratively with flexibility, enthusiasm, efficiency, and diplomacy in a cross-cultural, international environment
- A self-starter who is internally driven to meet deadlines
- Responsive and communicative with team members
- Access to digital technology (smartphone, tablet, or computer) and internet necessary
- Comfort and facility working in a virtual environment (using Zoom, Google Meet, Google Calendar, Slack, WhatsApp as needed)
- Experience working with adolescent youth (girls), preferred
- Most importantly…. passionate for global gender equity and making sure girls' voices are heard in seeking to improve the lives of adolescent girls around the world!
Location: Virtual but located in the Los Angeles area strongly preferred.
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours a week starting on a mutually agreed upon date in January (flexible start and end date).
Compensation: This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.