Public Relations Internship
MSR Communications®, an independent, award-winning public relations and digital marketing firm specializing in communication management services for technology, B2B, and consumer lifestyle companies and nonprofit organizations, is looking for a bright and dedicated intern.
Our boutique agency was recently named a “Best PR Firms in San Francisco” by Expertise.com and has earned coveted accolades such as “Small PR Agency of the Year” by Bulldog Reporter and “Best Places to Work in PR” by PRWeek Magazine. MSR’s Internship Program is designed to offer individuals who are enthusiastic and interested in learning about the exciting profession of public relations the opportunity to gain practical, hands-on work experience while learning new skills that are critical for success in the PR field.
MSR is currently fully remote and also has a conference room space in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We are looking for candidates who can commit to a 3-month program, and at a minimum, be available 3x/week. We will work with your university in accordance with their policies to help you earn college credits for your internship work. Recent graduates are also strongly encouraged to apply. This is a paid internship for those not receiving college credits.
During the program, individuals will receive:
· Practical, hands-on PR experience
· Invaluable project management training
· Constructive feedback
· Work portfolio
· Education: current enrollment in a college degree program (seniors preferred) or recent graduate with a degree in PR, communications or relevant subject
· Demonstrated interest in the field of Public Relations--if you do not have a communications/PR degree, please let us know WHY you are interested in PR and what you can offer
· Understanding and/or willingness to learn the basic principles of PR
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills to balance multiple projects and demands
· Ability to take initiative unprompted and flexibility
· Enthusiastic, self-starter and team player
· Detail-oriented, proactive and resourceful
· Professional appearance and manner
· Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat
Please ONLY apply if you possess the requirements above. We appreciate your resume; however, due to the large volume we receive, we will only be in contact with the candidates who best meet our needs.
Job Type: Remote