Stop Stalking Us is a new 501c3 non-profit that exists to provide the necessary support and resources to those impacted by the violent crime of stalking, while working to improve social perceptions and legal responses to this destructive act. The organization is run by people with creative and executive backgrounds who have been directly impacted by the issue of stalking and feel a tremendous sense of duty to shine a light on this often overlooked but very prevalent form of violence. We value communication, integrity, commitment, empathy, and getting important work done in a healthy, sustainable environment.
We are a small team looking to hire a part-time coordinator who can help us create, schedule, and maintain our social media posts; respond to incoming messages on our website and social media; help organize virtual events; organize our digital donor database; and provide light support for administrative organization and tasks.
The position will be 15 hours per week for 8 weeks ideally between mid-December and mid-February . The rate is $20/hour with the potential to expand over time. The position can be done remotely from anywhere in the continental U.S.
- At least 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Extremely organized; loves creating, improving, and maintaining systems
- Have created social media content before for business/organization/group, etc.
- Familiarity with or adept at learning digital platforms such as Google Suite/Docs, Airtable, Dropbox, Wix, MailChimp, Later, Canva, Instagram/Facebook, Twitter
- Strong attention to detail and excellent proof-reading skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities
- The ideal candidate brings patience, empathy, and forethought to this position to interact with our community who have often been through or are going through a traumatic situation. We do not provide direct services, but we do receive and respond to victims’ personal stories.
- Not required but preference is given to candidates who have an appreciation for creative endeavors, storytelling, and various forms of media
- Candidates do not need to be familiar with the issue of stalking to apply, but the position will require reading and responding to messages that may involve intense descriptions of stalking, harassment, or other forms of violence.
The coordination will support daily operations by:
- Creating, inputting and managing social media posts with a scheduling tool
- Building out and sending a short newsletter template approx. 1-2x per month
- Helping managing director to organize and execute three webinars in January
- Keeping all systems up-to-date and identifying places where new or consolidated solutions could help with organization and/or efficiency
- Managing donor database to ensure all donations are properly logged
- Responding consistently and thoughtfully to messages received through our website and social media platforms with pre-approved messages
- Organizing Google Drive and organizational calendar and keeping track of important deadlines
- Using basic website management software to update the organization’s website as needed
- Performing other administrative duties may include managing a meeting agenda, inputting or organizing expenses, research projects
This position reports to the Managing Director and may work with other consultants directly as is needed.