Student Trainee (Architect)
This position is part of the Transmission Services (T) of the Bonneville Power Administration, Department of Energy. As a Student Trainee (Architect) you will be involved in periods of pertinent formal education and periods of employment in an occupational architecture field as a part of a formal student employment program. The incumbent will participate in the BPA engineering rotation program and complete assignments in at least two functional areas.
To be eligible for the Pathways Internship Program you must be currently enrolled in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate on at least a half a half-time basis.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
As a Student Trainee (Architect), you will:
Support the lead Project Engineer, engineers, and other professionals with:
- Scoping, design, and construction phases, including the necessary design and jurisdictional reviews
- Assisting project team with product and systems research, and materials selection
- Collaboration with project team to ensure design intent and conformance to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards
- Assisting with project progress; recognizes problem issues and communicate impact to team, seeking clarity when necessary
- Preparation of presentations and present design concepts, drawings
- Reviewing BPA standards and BPA construction specifications determining need for updates
- Attending meetings relating to the review of engineering elements of assigned projects
- Accompanying engineers and other professionals on field inspections of in-process and completed work.
- Perform other duties as assigned
GS-04: To qualify, you must have completed 2 full academic years of post-high school study OR an associate degree. (1 full academic year is equivalent to 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.)
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your educational goals must include obtaining a professional degree in Architecture. You must submit a copy of your current transcripts with major being pursued for proof of education and enrollment. If you are not currently enrolled but have been accepted for future enrollment, you must submit a copy of your acceptance letter with your application.
DO NOT email or mail in any of your application documents. Documents will not be accepted outside of the online application system.
NOTE: This Pathways Internship will have a tentative start date in May/June of 2023. If you graduate before October 2023, you will not be eligible for this Pathways Internship Program.
This vacancy has a positive education requirement. In order to be rated as qualified, you must provide copies of your college transcripts. Failure to provide copies of your college transcripts may result in a rating of "Ineligible".