Job ID: 20933
Agency: Department of Social Services - Division of Economic Assistance
Salary: $17.53 - $18.97 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GF
Closing Date: 12.16.22
This is a Full-Time position with the Department of Social Services - Division of Economic Assistance. For more information on the Department of Social Services - Division of Economic Assistance, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The Department of Social Services (DSS) is looking to recruit a skilled and customer-focused individual to perform high-level clerical duties to support office functions for the DSS Division of Economic Assistance, Office of Energy Assistance. This position works with heating providers and landlords to process claims, enters and updates provider and landlord information into a database and various other office duties.
Why the Department of Social Services?
At the Department of Social Services (DSS), family is everything. It’s the foundation of what we do every day through provision of services to strengthen and support the citizens of South Dakota. Our work is driven with our vision to build Strong Families, South Dakota’s Foundation and Our Future.
Who we want:
- highly motivated and experienced person with a passion for serving the public who displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments and goals;
- compassionate individual who listens attentively to others and clearly conveys information and ideas;
- dependable and organized individual who effectively plans and organizes work activities;
- person who is dedicated and who will represent the Department of Social Services with integrity and enthusiasm; and
- individual who works cooperatively with others and promotes a friendly work climate to achieve shared goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- computers and a variety of programs including Microsoft Office Suite software(Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Teams) as well as specialized programs and databases used within the department;
- office equipment, practices, and procedures.
- handle confidential and protected information;
- communicate effectively;
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy, and tact when interacting with others;
- work in collaborative team environments and demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills;
- often handling multiple projects at one time; pay close attention to detail and to communicate effectively and timely;
- answer multi-line phones; read and comprehend written materials;
- accurately record, file, and transmit information;
- exercising independent judgment to evaluate situations and make decisions;
- accomplish assigned professional tasks; organize and coordinate activities; research and compile data;
- set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow-up with minimal direction;
- obtain and provide information by phone in a clear and courteous manner; recognize when it is appropriate to seek assistance from others when limits of delegated authority have been reached.
As a Department of Social Services employee, you will have a chance to experience:
- Creativity – We are always looking for innovative ideas to help us achieve improved outcomes.
- Making a difference – You will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of fellow South Dakotans.
- Professional development – We provide valuable trainings to ensure staff is well-trained, competent, accountable and empowered and will assist you in reaching your career goals.
- Teamwork – In a team-oriented approach, you will have the ability to work cooperatively with others in a friendly work environment to achieve shared goals.
If you believe in strengthening and supporting strong families and investing in South Dakota’s future, you may have found the dream job you’ve been waiting for!
This position is eligible for Veterans’ Preference per ARSD 55:10:02:08.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus eleven paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"