Science Communications Internship (Paid Internship)
The Research!America alliance advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary Science Communications internship to begin in January, with telework available. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically 40 hours a week for three-month appointments (start and end dates are flexible).
Internship will be directly supervised and mentored by the Director of Communications, who will provide routine feedback. An online Microsoft 365 license will be provided.
- Assist with basic website content updates.
- Assist with content for blog posts, web and social media accounts.
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements.
- Write, proofread, fact-check, and edit articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members.
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage.
- Contribute to the analysis of survey data.
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings.
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings, programs, and other events.
- Other projects as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) is required; experience with web content management systems (WordPress), blog software, graphic design (Canva), and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students, PhD candidates, or post-doctoral researchers with science, health, communications, public policy, or related degree or degree program are preferred.
Research!America is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. Please submit all materials by December 31, 2022.
E-mail resume, cover letter (including academic status and availability), three writing samples, and three references with contact information to email@example.com.