Bryson Gillette Spring 2023 Internship
Bryson Gillette - Spring 2023 Paid Internship Position
Who We Are
Bryson Gillette is a minority-owned strategic communications firm dedicated to serving the needs of its clients and delivering results. With expertise in public affairs, political consulting, media relations, and crisis communications, we develop tailored strategies that shape narratives around the issues that matter to clients. Bryson Gillette stands ready to provide companies, non-profits, governments, and prominent public and political figures with a range of public affairs services that address their most pressing communications needs.
We work with major companies, national law firms, non-profits, progressive organizations, and political candidates. Our partners and vendors are also leaders in their fields. Our firm of talented political and public relations experts is based out of Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles who are continuing to work remotely in light of ever changing circumstances. As such, students from universities and community colleges across the country are encouraged to apply. Remote Interns are expected to be online and reachable by phone in a working environment for the entirety/duration of their scheduled hours.
We are also a fun, smart, collaborative group who care about the world around us and seek to make positive change at home and across the country. We are experts without egos and creative without control issues. Come work with us and you’ll learn a lot, make an impact, and have fun doing it.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and/or veteran status.
Bryson Gillette is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19. Bryson Gillette requires that its employees, including paid interns, be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require medical or religious accommodation, we will engage in an interactive process with you.
Who You Are
You roll up your sleeves and are highly organized. You have a problem-solver mindset with a can-do attitude. You have a strong desire to learn. You have experience working in diverse communities. You are professional when you interface with clients and partners. You thrive in fast-paced environments and you're ready to hit the ground running. Most importantly, you have a desire to learn and work hard. You’re an undergraduate or graduate student, available to work remotely 20-25 hours per week, beginning January 9th, for the Spring Semester, ending June 2nd. The internship hours will take place between 9-5 EDT or 8-4 PDT and we will work with you around your class schedule.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy - Learn high-level strategic communications, political campaign management, public affairs, and media relations
- Earned media - track coverage & draft press releases, op-eds, & talking points
- Political campaign management - research, draft campaign press releases & talking points
- Public affairs - research, draft press releases, op-eds, talking points, & help with media trainings
- Paid media - concept & script writing, & ad research
- Digital / social media - drafting social post copy, tracking social media topics & posts from our clients
What Skills and Experiences You’ll Bring
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of G-Suite, including email, google-docs and spreadsheets
- Grit, a growth mindset, and a good sense of humor
Compensation: $20 / hr
Application Deadline: Friday, Dec 16th
For interested candidates, please apply via our website, submitting the following:
- Cover letter answering the following questions (in no more than one page, 11 point font):
- Why are you interested in this internship?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?