Training Specialist - Human Resources
We are seeking a dynamic Training Specialist to join our Human Resource team! The Training Specialist will be responsible for supporting the training and development activities for the Department of Health and Welfare and will be responsible for the administration and oversight of Cornerstone, the Learning Management System (LMS) at DHW. This position will have the ability to recommend training, develop content, make decisions on training schedules, and assist with decisions regarding training budget and materials needed.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of training development experience with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, be self-motivated, self-directed, team-oriented, and energetic.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurances vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
If you have previously applied for Training Specialist and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Serve as the administrator for the department’s Learning Management System (LMS) (Cornerstone), overseeing training records and training and supporting other Training Specialists as they use the LMS in support of their divisions.
- Provide LMS and training related customer support to department staff, troubleshooting and providing technical guidance for both internal and external LMS users.
- Present and/or facilitate department training.
- Provide customer service in answering questions, troubleshooting issues, and providing technical guidance for both internal users and external contractors/partners (including Public Health Districts, Developmental Disabilities Council, Domestic Violence Council, and Children’s Trust Fund).
- Research, develop, assess training needs, and present trainings in collaboration with human resources staff.
- Assist with the establishment of training program objectives and design of appropriate courses.
- Assist in developing training activities and efficient training tools, including computer-based and web-based tools as well as technical training manuals.
- Assist with the development of curriculum, provide training, and facilitate staff development in multiple functional areas (e.g., Leadership, Customer Service,Performance Management, etc.).
- Develop online and classroom training materials such as text, video, and audio with subject matter experts and assist or develop course outlines and lesson plans.
- Research outside training resources and make recommendations to management about training alternatives.
- Create and distribute reports for department leadership, training and supporting others who provide LMS administrative support for their work groups.
- Maintain record and data integrity of training programs.
- Participate in identifying and evaluating training instructors.
- Monitor required training compliance.
- Maintain the HR team's SharePoint site.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put see resume as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Good knowledge of training theory.
- Experience performing needs assessments, developing training objectives, designing and developing coursework and evaluating the training.
- Experience presenting training to adult groups in structured learning situations.
- Experience using a variety of training methods.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/EXTRA CREDIT:
Below are additional qualifications. They are not required, however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score.
- Experience training on Human Resource Related topics. Gained by at least one year of experience training on Human Resource related topics.
- Experience with Cornerstone (LMS). Gained by one year of experience working with Cornerstone (LMS).