Job ID: 106768
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Part Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Tuesday, December 6, 2022.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Hourly Pay Range: $53.448260 - $68.003614
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours per week to receive full benefits. Employees working 20 - 29 hours per week are eligible for medical benefits for themselves and family members. Medical plans cover the employee and all eligible dependents (including spouse/domestic partner and/or children) at a reasonable cost.
This is a part time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
With the Clackamas County Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), you may be eligible for loan forgiveness, re-payment and scholarship opportunities through Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) and/or the Oregon Office of Rural Health (Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program). In addition, there may be options for loan forgiveness while working with a government/public agency with the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Join one of the leading forces in community health care in the Portland metropolitan area. We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner passionate about adolescent healthcare who is committed to working in a collaborative, team-based environment to join Clackamas County's Health clinic teams!
The provider in this position will primarily be providing patient care to health centers, including five school-based clinics and/or at the other primary care clinics. School Based Health Centers (SBHC) are located within the North Clackamas School District at Rex Putnam High School in Milwaukie, Clackamas High School & Adrienne C. Nelson High School in Happy Valley, Oregon City School District at Oregon City High School, and Oregon Trail School District at Sandy High School.
The Nurse Practitioner will provide such medical services as diagnosing and treating injury and illness, comprehensive physical exams, well child checks, screenings (blood pressure and vision) and immunizations. Successful candidates will have a strong background and experience treating and working with children and adolescents.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
Per the Oregon Health Authority, (https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280799 & https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280616), this position is subject to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Prior to the start of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exception in place with the County as a qualification of employment.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Oregon and general experience as an RN
• Licensed and Board Certified as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive privileges (within 30 days of hire) by the State of Oregon
• DEA registration certificate with Schedule 2 and Schedule 3 privileges (within 30 days of hire)
• Must possess and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea.
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience working in a school setting; partnering with teachers, school administrators, counselors, parents and students
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Conducts physical examinations and/or mental health assessments; interviews patients and families to obtain mental health and medical histories; performs, orders and interprets diagnostic procedures and laboratory tests; develops and implements treatment plans; makes referrals to other health care providers and social service agencies.
• Prescribes and administers medications within legally established formulary; evaluates patient response to medication; educates patients regarding medication risks and benefits.
• Participates in clinic operations and quality assurance activities; evaluates and recommends improvements to health care services; assists in the formation and review of clinical protocols, policies and procedures; participates in continuing education and in-service training.
• Documents patient contacts; completes patients assessments, case summaries, chart notes, consultations, work plan activities, billing documentation and correspondence.
• Consults with health service providers, group homes, schools and community groups on health care issues; develops and presents education materials.
• Within the family planning specialty: examines, diagnoses and treats routine gynecological diseases and conditions; provides counseling and instruction on nutrition, sexuality, family planning, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases, parenting and family life.
• Within the pediatric specialty: conducts regular physical examinations of school aged children and adolescents; evaluates growth and development; diagnoses and treats routine adolescent illnesses; counsels parents on adolescent health care and development; determines immunization needs.
This position works 24 hours (part-time) during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday.
Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended. This position is designated as on-site/in-person. It is expected that the selected candidate will perform duties at the specified on-site work location.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Clackamas County Health Centers provide direct medical, dental, and mental health services to Clackamas County residents.
We provide services at our Integrated Primary Health Care Clinics, our mental health clinics, or through our School Based Health Centers.
Health Centers is a Division of the http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Jenn Johnson, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3687173
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.