Data Analyst Intern
As an intern at Synopsys, you will gain hands-on experience while working alongside industry professionals. You will develop and refine skills relevant to your major and future career by contributing to high-impact business projects. The Synopsys intern program integrates our interns into the culture with career opportunities upon graduation. This summer internship is full-time (40 hours/week) beginning May/June 2023 and will last three months.
Synopsys has an opening for an intern in support of Chief Innovation Office (CIO) and Synopsys Academic & Research Alliances (SARA) Sunnyvale, CA (or remote). The intern will be responsible for organizing our academic database, developing website usage and dashboards, processes tracking dashboards, and examining social media and event engagement. The candidate must have a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools (Python, Power BI, etc.) and databases (SQL or NoSQL), and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Collect professors’ information to expand our Academic and Education Database
- Create data visualization for our Academic and Education Database
- Develop dashboards to monitor the traffic to both internal and external websites
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in our social media engagements
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Sound knowledge of and experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Power BI, Power Automate and Power Apps skills are good plus
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Coding skills in languages such as Python, R, MATLAB
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.