Data Engineer Intern
As an intern at Synopsys, you will gain hands-on experience while working alongside industry professionals. You will develop and refine skills relevant to your major and future career by contributing to high-impact business projects. The Synopsys intern program integrates our interns into the culture with career opportunities upon graduation. This summer internship is full-time (40 hours/week) beginning May/June 2023 and will last three months.
The SCE team is tasked to digitize development activities in order to identify areas of improvement, correlate various aspects of the products and activities, and provide all levels of management visibility in all aspects of the work. As part of this responsibility, SCE is implementing a Data Lakehouse using the product “Snowflake”.
As an intern, you will be working directly with an experienced Data Engineer to help with the implementation. Snowflake is being implemented throughout Synopsys to collect all/most of the data generated across business units and department to centralize into a Data Lakehouse. The project’s intent is to bring together multiple data sources, databases of all kinds, to a central place, and link data sets in order to perform testing. The research will provide visibility into product performance, product quality, engineering productivity, and cost of development.
- Proficiency of data scrapping with APIs, data modeling in Python, especially Pandas, Numpy, and other machine learning related libraries
- Experience with data visualization and performance reporting with tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Proficiency of writing and optimizing SQL on large scale, complex datasets
- Good grasp of databases (Mysql, MS SQL, Oracle, etc), data structures and algorithms, proficiency in at least one programming language (Python/Java preferred)
- Experience/familiarity with big data concepts and big data processing technology (Data lake, NoSQL, MapReduce, Spark, S3, etc).
- Experience/familiarity data engineering, ETL/ELT , data warehousing, data pipeline. Nice to have experience with Snowflake, Airflow, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux environment, basic Linux commands.
- Nice-to-have: familiarity with cloud environment and tech stack (Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, AWS, GCP etc.)
- Currently enrolled in college pursuing a MS in relevant area
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.