DATA ANALYTICS TRAINEE
This role is part of the United States Postal Service Professional Development Program (PDP), to develop the competencies, technical knowledge, skills, and experience needed for success in a full performance Headquarters level job. The first year of the program is dedicated to developing core competencies using the Postal Service Competency model. Selected candidates will apply the technical knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired from an academic program of study to the USPS business environment through the completion of projects and work assignments within various business units. Throughout the program, trainees will have the opportunity to participate in mentoring and networking opportunities within various levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs entry-level assignments designed to develop a broad understanding of U.S. Postal Services functions, internal policies, and procedures in assigned functional areas.
- Conducts data analysis using a variety of tools and techniques to develop recommendations for improvement based on findings. Prepares and presents takeaways, recommendations, and opportunities for improvements to colleagues.
- Learns about the processes, procedures, and methods used at the USPS corporate level to develop core professional competencies and develop a deeper understanding of field mail processing and transportation responsibilities and objectives.
- Supports cross-functional projects by researching, collecting, and evaluating relevant information. Develops reports and presentations to present conclusions of trends, insights, and recommendations based on findings.
- Applies technical knowledge and skills acquired through academic program to support cross-functional projects to an assigned functional area of field mail processing and transportation.
- Completes rotational assignments which involve local travel to various Postal facilities (e.g., field rotation) to develop core Postal knowledge and understanding of operations.
- Knowledge of routine data collection and diagnostic tools, techniques, and procedures sufficient to clarify a situation identify needed information (e.g., resources, materials, knowledge from others), collect and document information in an organized manner, and to prepare standardized reports summarizing information.
- Ability to work with others to build constructive and collaborative working relationships in order to solve problems and achieve common goals, working respectfully and effectively with others in a team or project-based setting.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to convey information in a clear, concise manner appropriate for the targeted audience with the appropriate communication medium.
- Skilled in using word processing, spreadsheet, data analysis tools, and presentation development software applications sufficient to prepare briefings, reports, and presentations.
- Ability to review information and materials to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Possession of a Bachelors's or Graduate degree in Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education. NOTE: Qualified applicants must earn a graduate degree from an accredited college or university no more than 24 months prior to the date of employment. Preference-eligible veterans (see 5 U.S.C. ' 2108) who were unable to apply during that two-year period because of their military service may apply up to two years after they are released or discharged from active service. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years from the date on which they received their qualifying degrees.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH A RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
**This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 - 8 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned** This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position you are applying for