Supply Chain Management COE Intern Summer 2023
Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT COE SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIP
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines promises to provide Employees with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. We entrust our Interns to make an impact on their Team in real-time projects, work toward Company initiatives, and achieve our Purpose of connecting People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel, all while having fun and developing yourself as a future professional.
Get Ready for an Awesome Summer:
- Join Southwest as a Summer 2023 Intern, with a 12-week internship lasting from May 23rd to August 11th
- Work onsite at our HDQ in Dallas, TX.
- Workplace flexibility for 50% of the time is typically available, but interns are expected to be onsite for intern related events.
- Dedicate 40 hours each week to your internship responsibilities and tasks.
- Receive hourly pay and a one-time $1,000 stipend on your first paycheck.
- Receive free, unlimited space available travel privileges for yourself (taxes and fees may apply on international travel)
- Interns will receive any required equipment, such as a laptop, for the internship.
The primary role of Supply Chain Management (SCM) is to collaborate with Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers to identify cost savings opportunities, strategically sourcing high quality products and services, and develop the best strategies to allow for a best in class supply chain.
The SCM Center of Excellence (COE) is responsible for the strategic and operational management of the Source-To-Pay value stream within SCM to transform and drive procurement excellence for the benefit of Southwest Airlines. This dedicated Team liaises with Technology and Finance to execute system and process strategies across the SCM department including process and capability optimization, policy development and management, compliance initiatives and continuous improvement efforts.
The SCM COE Team is also responsible for the oversight, upkeep, configuration and reliability of the procurement systems with a focus on SAP Ariba and SAP ERP. This Team provides invaluable SCM experience and deep end-to-end process understanding of the Source-To-Pay spectrum.
The SCM COE Intern will assist this department with a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Supports SCM COE in their implementation, management, and ongoing business process optimization in support of the SAP Ariba technology platform and other procurement platforms.
- Assists with project management tasks (i.e., status tracking and reporting, issue documentation, follow-ups)
- Assists with development of materials as part of a larger communications and change management program.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- You must have a valid U.S. Social Security Number to complete the full hiring process.
- Progress towards degree in Supply Chain Management, Information Technology Management, Systems Engineering, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- Minimum sophomore status. May not have an undergraduate graduation date of May 2023 or prior, unless already enrolled in a full time graduate degree program at time of application.
- To be eligible must be currently enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credit hours).
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Highly organized with critical attention to details and accuracy as well as time management skills
- Previous Supply Chain related internship experience in the past 12 months preferred
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba or equivalent procurement platform preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Knowledge of MS Project preferred
- Knowledge and application of lean methodology preferred.
- Basic understanding of Project Management principles and practices preferred
- Basic understanding of Change Management and Communications preferred
- Self-starter, critical thinker and innovator of ideas that could increase value for SWA
- Ability to read and interpret contract language
- Aviation background and enthusiasm
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines
- Problem solving ability with strong written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to function as part of a Team
TIME COMMITMENT & PAY:
- Required: Full time 40hrs a week
- Must maintain a consistent weekly schedule during normal business hours at a max of 8hrs per day
- You must reside in Dallas, TX during the internship and work a hybrid schedule of at least 50% in office and be onsite for applicable intern events.
- Program Dates: May 23rd – August 11th
- $22 per hour + $1,000 stipend paid one time on first paycheck
Please upload a resume document when applying for roles
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.