PRIVACY RECORDS ANALYST
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona.
DES works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal partners to realize our collective vision that every child, adult, and family in Arizona will be safe and economically secure.
DES serves more than 3 million Arizonans. Our Mission is to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable.
PRIVACY RECORDS ANALYST
Office Of the Director (OOD)
Address: 1717 West Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Salary: $55,000.00 - $62,000.00
Closing Date: February 17, 2023
This position may offer the ability to work remotely, within Arizona, based upon the department's
business needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork. The Department of Economic Security, Office of the Director (OOD) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by providing technical assistance concerning HIPAA privacy compliance activities and aids in mitigation activities in case of a HIPAA privacy breach. The Privacy Records Analyst interacts and gives technical help to individuals involved in fulfilling records requests, including process servers, law firms, research organizations, the media, DES staff, the Attorney General’s Office, and the public.
The Department of Economic Security, Office of the Director is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Privacy Records Analyst.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
This position is responsible for:
• Provide technical assistance and confer with DES Divisions and Programs on processes and requirements to successfully complete preparation of difficult and complex record requests.
• Analyze, categorize, and remove (redact) confidential information using Eclipse SE and Onbase software, prior to release.
• Perform database management of requests using Onbase software to enter, track, load and compile pertinent documents, and release record requests. Compose individualized correspondence and decide proper legal citations to support release or denial of requests.
• Receive, analyze, and conduct research to decide the most effective and efficient method of fulfilling record requests made to the Department. Perform first review of requests for legality.
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to DES Division and Program HIPAA privacy liaisons. Ensure compliance with administrative, technical, and physical safeguards pertaining to use disclosure, safeguarding of protected health information, and personal identifiable information. Assist liaisons with mitigation activities in case of a HIPAA privacy breach.
• Represent DES by communicating verbally and in writing with various outside entities, such as law firms, research organizations, and the public. Troubleshoot customer concerns and evaluate options to overcome or resolve issues.
• Provide subject matter guidance and technical help to DES Division and Program litigation liaisons on process to notify employees placed on litigation hold, and the employees' responsibilities in this status. Coordinate with the Department’s Office of Inspector General to place employees on or remove them from litigation hold.
• Track, calculate, and evaluate record request metrics and scorecard measures to identify trends in record request data. Recommend practical solutions to improve internal processes based on data analysis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
• Functions of DES divisions and programs
• Applicability of State statutes and administrative rules for providing Department record
• Applicability of Federal regulations and rules concerning HIPAA
• Litigation process
• Principles of data analysis and process improvement
• Research methods
• Written and verbal communication
• Business writing
• Analyzing varying amounts and types of information and data
• Managing numerous requests simultaneously
• Using multiple computer applications efficiently and accurately
• Handle highly confidential documents and information
• Ascertain and change priorities quickly due to competing deadlines
• Reason and apply earlier principles for developing innovative approaches to requests and
• Meet legally imposed deadlines
• Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with staff
• Identify and analyze problems and determine effective solutions
At least two years of experience coordinating and handling government records. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a field supporting the requirements of the position may count for one or two years required experience respectively, but will not substitute for the management analysis experience.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on State business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
• Obtain and maintain a valid Level One fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to S.B.1164.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Yolanda Knori 480-435-0897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.