Staff Consultant (Geologist, Environmental Scientist, or Environmental Engineer)
Terraphase Engineering Inc. is seeking candidates for an entry-level consultant in its Princeton, New Jersey office. The desired individual will have an interest in applying their technical knowledge, hard work, and creativity in helping clients resolve complex environmental challenges. The desired individual should be interested in working in a collaborative environment, with exceptional work-life flexibility, where advancement is based upon merit, and where professional career development is supported through a culture of coaching.
Staff level consultants are typically engaged in projects which involve applying geological and environmental sciences to support clients in making key decisions regarding the investigation and management of contaminated sites. This includes supporting site characterization and remedial action projects that involve efforts to identify and control potentially unacceptable human and ecological exposures to chemicals in the environment. These projects can involve performing and overseeing field sampling, developing field sampling plans, evaluating and documenting field sampling data and observations, supporting communication efforts with clients and regulatory agencies, and assisting in the preparation of technical reports.
- Developing a thorough knowledge of drilling procedures and standard field sampling procedures for various environmental media
- Documenting and recording field sampling data and observations clearly and concisely
- Directing and overseeing the implementation of field sampling (including the installation of groundwater monitoring wells)
- Supervising and directing contractors while conducting environmental site investigation and remediation work
- Providing assistance in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of hydrologic/hydrogeologic and chemical data obtained during field investigations
- Assisting in the preparation of site Health and Safety Plans (HASPs)
- Demonstrating a commitment and ability to implement safe work practices in the field
- Assisting in the preparation of field sampling plans and technical reports
- Gaining a working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in geoscience, environmental science, civil and environmental engineering, or similar field
- 0-2 years of experience in applied geosciences or environmental sciences
- Clean driving record
- Strong communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills
- Creative and enjoys problem-solving
- Capable of working under the pressure of deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe
Additionally Desired Qualifications:
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training Certification
- CPR and First Aid Training Certification
Benefits: Along with a one-of-a-kind company-culture, Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, and on-going company-sponsored events.
Who We Are: Terraphase is a client focused environmental consulting firm that develops creative and technically sound solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients’ project goals and objectives. Our staff includes registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering. Our unique blend of experience, teaming, project work and company culture make Terraphase one of the best places to work and one of the fastest growing environmental firms in the country.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D)