Architect I - Dallas
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, we’ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
Click WHO WE ARE to learn more about us!
- Designs and specifies project- appropriate architectural requirements
- Plans and develops projects of various sizes and works under supervision
- Investigates, evaluates and recommends design solutions, prioritizes work, receives guidance on complex issues
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing with team
- Participates in cross-discipline discussions and coordination with multidisciplinary teammates
- Conducts site investigations and observations.
- Prepares basic narratives, reports, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, with regard to project schedule and budget constraints
- Participates in construction administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, working to solve construction issues, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept
- Assists with marketing and business development activities
- Travel for project-related activities may be required
- Coordinating the work of junior professionals and technicians
- Exercise independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques, working to solve problems when encountered, and receives guidance on complex projects
- Competent in general conventional aspects of architecture
- Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Independently solves problems encountered
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various of project development
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Architecture registration required (RA)
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends on space, function, materials, etc.
- Proficiency with computer software including Revit Architecture required
- Working knowledge of Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite/Bluebeam preferred
- Time management and organization skills with the ability to be involved and remain current on issues relating to a number of one-two projects in various stages
- Demonstrated ability to develop awareness and begin to lead team coordination of contract documents
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communications skills
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team
Why Join LEO A DALY?
At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY - help us transform the world.
LEO A DALY Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. LEO A DALY Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department by phone at 402-391-8111 or by email at Recruiting@LEOADALY.com . For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the law.