Membership & Donations Associate
The Squam Lakes Association is dedicated to conserving for public benefit the natural beauty, peaceful character, and resources of the watershed. In collaboration with local and state partners the SLA promotes the protection, careful use, and shared enjoyment of the lakes, mountains, forests, open spaces, and wildlife of the Squam Lakes region.
Position Summary: The Squam Lakes Association is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual for part-time, year round employment as an SLA Membership & Donations Associate. This role is responsible for maintaining SLA’s donor database as well as processing gifts and acknowledgment letters. This role serves as the face of the organization and supports the needs of the SLA’s conservation, access, and education mission. This position reports directly to the Outreach & Communications Coordinator.
- Process gifts received by the Squam Lakes Association
- Prepare and send gift acknowledgment letters and gift documentation as needed
- Record and update data on SLA donors, prospects, volunteers, and other constituents in DonorPerfect Online
- Generate lists and reports of donor information when needed by SLA staff
- Assist with gift store sales, greeting visitors, and answering phones & visitor questions about the lake, conservation, and the work of the SLA.
- Experience using DonorPerfect Online, similar Customer Relationship Management System, and/or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with computer technology and database systems, including Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and appreciation for accuracy and professionalism are essential to this position.
- Excellent organizational and verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work on projects independently as well as part of a team
- Dates of position: year round
Compensation: $17 / hour
All employees of the SLA receive a discount on merchandise in the SLA store; summer camp tuition; personal use of kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddle boards so long as it does not impact rental use; and discounts on campsite rentals.
To Apply: Interested applicants may apply on the Squam Lakes Association's website Squamlakes.org/employment-service or by submitting a resume and cover letter to Rachel Coughlin, SLA Outreach & Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position, email email@example.com.
Squam Lakes Association 534 US Rt. 3, Holderness NH 03245