Administrative and Communications Support
Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Administrative and Communications Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Washington, D.C.
Salary: $24.20 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Experience with administrative procedures/practices, strong analytical skills and experience with information technology;
- Experience writing about science, environmental issues, public health concerns or other technical or public policy subjects as evidenced by a writing sample;
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media technical communications;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint and Project) and the internet;
- Ability to handle pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven by deadlines and changing schedules;
- Interpersonal skills on a high level in order to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy; and
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills.
- Experience in Adobe applications (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Flash).
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Life or physical sciences, engineering, public health, communications, business or policy disciplines and experience relevant to the environmental and/or, human health fields, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months; and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Science Advisor, Policy, and Engagement (OSAPE) supports the Agency’s Science Advisor and integrates and coordinates science across ORD and the Agency, with key external partners, and into the regulatory process. The Partnerships Branch (PB), within OSAPE’s Extramural Research and Partnerships Division, provides leadership and coordination across ORD for partnerships with EPA’s regions, the tribes, other federal agencies, international organizations, and organizations who represent specialized state or local partners.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Writing, editing, and developing a wide variety of communication materials;
- Attending meetings/conferences as appropriate; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org