Floodplains Markets and Protection Program Manager
Job Posting 53114
Floodplains Markets and Protection Program Manager
Who We Are:
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
What We Can Achieve Together:
The Floodplain Markets & Protection Project Manager will work with Program Directors and external partners to advance a large-scale reforestation project across the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley. The Floodplain Markets & Protection Project Manager will provide management skills and experience to a team with diverse skill sets and drive accountability towards established goals. They will review and adjust project deliverables and objectives using TNC’s proprietary Highly Effective Teams (HET) system, track progress towards deliverables, execute and manage contracts, work with vendors. They will assist in defining team roles and responsibilities as they emerge, recruit/contract subject-matter experts as needed, and lead the management process for accountability, inclusion of perspectives, transparency to partners and increase efficiency.
We’re Looking for You:
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone with strong experience in leading a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
The responsibilities and scope of this position are as follows:
- Act independently and in supervisor’s stead, as needed; exercise independent judgment toidentify and solve problems;
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional, cross-program teams toward a desired outcome;
- Appropriately handle confidential information;
- Develop and implement new systems that will ensure program and organization-wide goals andstrategies are achieved;
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, financial standards,and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance; decisions may affect theorganization financially or legally;
- Manage and implement multiple complex projects, including managing project teams, settingdeadlines, and ensuring accountability;
- May manage or participate in complex negotiations;
- May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff, including training andprofessional development;
- Travel occasionally, working long and flexible hours as needed;
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minorphysical exertion and/or strain;
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines; and
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- 2 years of project management experience or 1 year acting as a project lead.
- Coursework or other training on project management principles experience.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple projects.
- Experience managing project teams and working with cross-functional staff.
- Experience managing scheduling and financial aspects of small to large projects that range fromshort to long term.
- Experience using project management techniques and tools such as Microsoft Project, MicrosoftTeams, and/or Smartsheet.
What We Bring:
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including: health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan including employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work wellbeing benefits. Learn more about our benefits at in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellbeing, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for this job.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line