Environmental Field Technician
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Summary: We are seeking an Environmental Technician to provide support on various environmental projects in the Permian Basin of Texas and New Mexico. This person will be responsible for a wide variety of environmental field activities. Candidate must be highly motivated; customer focused and work well in a team environment. Candidate must also have the ability to manage a heavy workload, travel and be on-call as needed.
- Soil sampling activities.
- Groundwater sampling activities.
- Completion of detailed field notes, daily reports, forms and checklists.
- Health and Safety assessments and audits of project sites and teams.
- Quality, Health and Safety oversight of sub contractors.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; B.S. in Engineering, Geoscience or Environmental Science degree desirable.
- Experience in environmental consulting or related experience preferred.
- Applicants should be fluent in the English language and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants should possess basic computer skills, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Computer Skills must include Microsoft Windows Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel for field work primarily in southeastern New Mexico area and some overnight travel may be required. Field work will be primarily outdoors, exposed to varying weather conditions, wearing FRC clothing.
- A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
About Tetra Tech:
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech offers the following optional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long & Short-Term Disability, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending. Financial Benefits: Group Term Life, Optional Group Term Life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Health Savings Account, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Time Off with Pay, Employee Assistance Program, Adoption Assistance, Leaves of Absence.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.