Engineer In Training - Mechanical Omaha
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, we’ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
Click WHO WE ARE to learn more about us!
Mechanical EIT’s work as part of a multi-discipline team performing mechanical engineering design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects. Mechanical EIT’s perform assignments under the direct supervision of one or more licensed mechanical engineers. Mechanical EIT’s concentrate on specific design or technical documentation tasks that contribute to overall projects. Assignments will include performing design calculations, interpreting and preparing reports, preparing opinion of probable cost documents, and producing deliverable drawing sets for site plans, HVAC plans, piping plans, controls diagrams, details, schematics, and schedules. Tasks will be in support of architectural and engineering projects related to mechanical design for HVAC, piping system, and controls work.
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate mechanical engineering requirements.
- Coordinates designs with the work of Mechanical Designers.
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing.
- Assists to conduct site investigations and observations.
- Assists to prepare narratives, reports, hand and computer calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Assists to perform cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Additional assignments may include attending client and internal meetings, assisting with performing construction contract administration, and assisting with marketing/business development activities.
- Travel for project related activities relative to existing building assessments/investigations, client meetings, or construction jobsite observations may be required.
- ABET-accredited degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a mechanical emphasis.
- Experience in mechanical engineering on a wide variety of projects in the A/E industry.
- Beginners knowledge of codes and related industry standards (ASHRAE, LEED, Energy, etc.)
- Knowledge and proficiency with computer software including REVIT MEP required.
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Tangential knowledge of other building systems.
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Strong interest to pursue licensure as a mechanical engineer preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency using load, system sizing, and energy modeling software preferred.
Why join LEO A DALY?
At LEO A DALY, you will become part of a collaborative design culture and do work that matters. As an integrated design practice, we believe that a diversity of perspectives generates better solutions. We trust and support each other, ask hard questions and solve complex problems. Guided by a spirit of inquiry, we design for people at every scale, creating spaces that elevate individuals, their communities, and the institutions that serve them. Join LEO A DALY - help us transform the world.
LEO A DALY Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. LEO A DALY Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department by phone at 402-391-8111 or by email at Recruiting@LEOADALY.com . For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the law.